Chapter The Second

"Abena." I heard a stern voice. Uh oh. I'm probably in trouble.
"Abena, we are leaving." My Maadar spoke. "I can't live in the same house with a person who claims to be a Muslim but insists on bombing a sacred place down."
"What?!" I exclaimed. "But what about my studies?"

At the time I was enrolled secretly to a school by my Maadar so Pedar didn't see or hear about it because he thought women shouldn't be educated.

"I guess you can continue them where we are going."
"Um. Where is that?"
"Don't freak out okay?"
"You're worrying me. But okay."
"We are going to stay in England."
"YAH! I can see Saara there."
"Yes. We will be living with Saara and Zahara for a while until I can get a job and a home."
"Let's go then."
"I'm still your maadar little girl. Don't sass me."
"Okay. Fine then, may we please go."
Maadar stood up. "Let's go"

The train ride was very bumpy and I disliked it. But eventually we got to England. The place was huge! I really wish I had explored more when I was there, but I didn't. Anyway, we got in something called a 'car' which I don't quite understand very well; we didn't have them in the Middle East. The driver took us to a beautiful neighborhood that had apartments up and down the street.

Saara was waiting for me at her door. Zahara welcomed us warmly. I began to think about all the things I am thankful for after her welcome speech. Saara showed me her room and all the wonderful things in it. Her bed, a desk, and even her own television! She was so lucky. Zahara even had a mattress for me to sleep on in Saara's room. Maadar must be sleeping in the guest room. I guess it would be weird for Maadar to sleep in Zahara's room.
"Time for bed girls!" Zahara yelled.
We giggled then yelled back. "Okay!"

The Cover Of It AllOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara