|Dear Aiden|Justin Bieber|13|

The park was mostly empty. Just a couple of elementary school boys and their parents. We walked up to the edge of the woods and Justin looked at the dense trees, his hands in his pockets as he bit his bottom lip nervously.

“Are you sure it’s safe to go back there?” He asked timidly.

“Yeah, dude,  I go in here all the time with Jen and Berkeley,” I said, nodding.

I pointed at the trail, “There’s even a path, but sometimes I like to wander away from it and see what I can see, you know?”

He smiled and motioned for me to go first.

“Hey, Kenny,” He started, turning to look at his body guard, “why don’t you chill here?”

I caught a glimpse of Justin giving Kenny a weird look but I shrugged it off and shifted my weight impatiently. Kenny nodded once and started walking towards a park bench and we headed inside the woods.

The woods were quiet, nothing but the sound of birds and the crunching of the fallen leaves underneath our feet. Justin was looking up at the tops of the trees as the sun light shot rays through the branches. I took a deep relaxing breath, closing my eyes. Hearing Justin’s phone vibrate, I reopened my eyes as he reached into his pocket. I heard him huff, frustrated, as he texted quickly.

“What’s the matter?” I asked calmly.

“It’s just Cheyenne,” he said, putting his phone back into his pocket.

“Oh, what does she want?” I asked, my calm mood going sour.

“She wants to hang out with me,” He answered.

“Why don’t you?” I questioned.

“Because I’m with you,” Justin said, sucking in air as he looked to his left.

“Well did you tell her that?”

“Yeah, but she asked me where we are.”

“Oh, don’t fucking tell her,” I laughed.

He chuckled a little, “I won’t. I don’t really want to see her. I was with her and her friends all night last night. I just want to spend some time with someone that’s a little calmer and laid back. Someone who isn’t constantly hanging on me and pulling me from place to place, introducing me to different people, you know? I like meeting new people, I love meeting fans because I love my fans, I’d be nowhere without them, but there are just times when I need to do my own thing. You know what I mean?”

We came to a small clearing with fallen trees where some teenagers had obviously played paintball at one point in time. I sat on ground, my back against the largest tree that had fallen in the middle of the clearing.

“I can understand where you’re coming from. I mean, always being on edge because you feel like you have to watch your back around every new person that you meet,” I nodded, really knowing how he felt.

“Yeah, you know. I love my fans for what they are,” he said, sitting down next to me and sighing, “but I will admit that some of them do get a little crazy. I mean, you saw those girls chase me out of the bowling alley.”

I nodded, listening attentively.

“It gets out of hand sometimes. It’s times like that when I wish that I could just be normal for a little bit.”

I looked over at him and spoke softly, “Well, Justin, fame is a lifestyle. It’s something that you have to live with when you decide to take your throne as a celebrity.”

He nodded, looking down, “you know, these past few days I’ve been here have been some of the most amazing days that I’ve had for a while. Meeting and spending time with some real down to earth people who don’t see me as ‘Justin Bieber, the celebrity’ but as ‘Justin Bieber, the 17 year old boy’.”