Legacy: Betrayals (Chapter Four)

7-2 CANADA! FUCK YEAH.

lol, sorry, im excited. can you tell? :P

I managed to get this out inbetween plays lol. Thank Ellen for rushing to my aid and coming on right away to edit :D (see, nobodys going to kill you Ellen, I promise) :P

Enjoyy

(go canada!)

I raced down the hall, dogging more and more people the closer I got to the main halls. As I got closer, I noticed more and more people were turning around, running in the other direction. The sight made me feel that much better, but it also made my journey that much harder. I pushed passed hordes of people, trying to be as gentle as possible but failing miserably in my rush. The atmosphere of panic and confusion grew, and I felt like I was suffocating, people in every direction, pushing against me, forcing my in the wrong direction.

But I continued, pushing people out of the way, squeezing between the few gaps I could find. These were my people, panicked out of of control sure, but they were mine. I couldn't stand the thought of all of them lying dead on the floor, blood cascading everywhere. I would not let that happen.

As I raced into the armory, chaos engulfed me. There was screaming, yelling, war cries and cries of terror. I slipped through the guards unnoticed-thankfully-and reached for the first weapon I could see. It was a katana, a slightly curved blade with a solid black grip. I had been trained a bit in the art of swordsmanship, but I wasn't that good.

I could only hope I was enough.

I quickly sheathed the blade and attached the sword to my hip. Racing out of the room, the panic was almost palpable, thick in the air. I felt like I was swimming through it, pushing my way deeper and deeper. As I got closer, the panic got thicker. It choked me as I was pushed back and forth through the crowd. The natural, animalistic instinct of self preservation was pressing down on me, telling me to turn around and save myself. But the love for my people, the pride of being able to call myself an heir... I couldn't possibly take over if I hid now well my people fought and died. I wouldn't be able to show my face.

My determination pushed me through the panic, and as I broke through into the first empty space in awhile, icy adrenaline laced with anger flowed into my veins, tingling my arms and heightening my senses. My canines descended, and I could smell the thick scent of blood-human and vampire-everywhere. There were dismembered parts everywhere, broken bodies being trampled by fighting people. It was gruesome, but I couldn't look away. I watched as a little boy stumbled out of the rushing people, his mom screaming as she was pushed on through the crowd. A feirce looking human swung, and my determination solidified.

I ran as fast as I could, unsheathing my sword and in the same motion slicing it through his neck. The little boy looked horrified and petrified as the body dropped, his eyes glued to the sword that was about to slice him clean in two.

I frowned, knowing this moment would always be with him, scarring him for life. But right now I had more people to save, and I couldn't spend the time I'd wish comforting him.

I knelt down to him, asking him quickly, "What's your name?"

His wide eyes met mine, and I saw the tears in his eyes. His was only a baby, maybe six years old, and my heart broke for him. "Timothy," he whispered quietly, so I could only tell by reading his lips.

I glanced around quickly, trying to decide what I could possibly do. I couldn't leave to drop him off, but i couldn't send him off in that crowd on his own.

Then I spotted Eliza in the crowd, a friend of mine who was training to be a guard. She was directing the crowd, trying to get them to safety and keep them calm, even though it was a wasted effort. There's a certain point of panic a crowd can get to before there's no turning back. Her effort was appreciated though, definitely.