Act 2: Her Encounter

Art displayed above was made by snotpuppies on Tumblr.

Pearl watched as you walked away towards the hotel. She had an uneasy feeling, hence why she waited until you entered the building. Once you did, a soft smile took over her features, and she found herself wishing to meet you the next day. You'd taken her interest in a rather strange way. It was as if she knew you right from the beginning-- as if she had known you her entire few hundred years of living. Not even the second world war had given her such a strong déjà vù as this one.

She then glanced at the moon, and realized it was time for her to return to her home, as well. It was time for her to continue on to the next day, with a bit of hope that she would meet again with you. She hadn't been satisfied with the conversation you had exchanged, for she wanted to talk longer; she wanted to resolve the questions and assumptions that were resting on her head.

Finally, after much walking past the border of the beach, she encountered her home, where a familiar Gem was standing in wait. Garnet, the built, afro-haired woman who she had fought together with for many centuries past, was waiting for her next to the closed door. She carried a small, yet satisfied smirk visible on her typically stern features, which piqued at her curiosity-- she couldn't help but wonder just what was going through Garnet's mind. That smirk of hers was rather rare to make its appearance.

"Did you have fun?" Garnet suddenly questioned to her, making Pearl look towards her in surprise.

"I. . . I suppose so." Pearl replied, feeling strange with such a sudden questioning.

She'd only gone to the far end of the beach to practice her dancing, and she hadn't expected her friend to be interested in such matters. The way she'd made the question signaled something different as well.

Now, she carried even more questions seeking for answers in her mind. She wanted to know the real meaning of her friend's words.

"Hey, P!" Amethyst, her shorter, chubbier Gem friend exclaimed, once she burst through the door where the two stood close by it.

The shorter Gem was resting her body on the door's frame, and she seemed to carry a rather cheeky smile on her purple-tinted face. She seemed to carry the same vibe as Garnet, though she wasn't hiding it as much as her. Her face held nothing back, and if it weren't for Garnet placing a finger over her own lips, she would've said everything she had in her mind.

"Had fun?" Amethyst questioned, as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Yes. . . I figure I did have a pleasant time." Pearl replied to her curious friend, as she raised an eyebrow at both the Gems' behavior tonight. "I was able to practice my fusion dance quite efficiently."

"Aaaaand?" Amethyst pressed, wanting for her tall friend to tell more about her eventful day.

"Well, that's about it." she replied, as she placed a hand on the back of her neck. "Nothing much happened after that. . ."

"You sure you didn't meet a certain, blue strea-" Amethyst was interrupted by Garnet picking her up in the air.

"We should get inside." Garnet advised, with her face as stern as ever. "It's getting late."

"Aw, Garnet! We were just starting to have fun!" Amethyst protested, in a rather playful tone.

She had hoped to get more words out of Pearl, and was somewhat annoyed after having gotten interrupted. All she could do now was wait until tomorrow, and see where the day will carry all three of them. Garnet quickly made an entrance to their home, while still carrying Amethyst in her hands, and leaving Pearl alone with her thoughts-- plus the distant sound of the waves the ocean created.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour had passed, and the clock had finally reached midnight. Pearl, however, was still pondering over her thoughts. She hadn't been able to take any proper rest, now that so much was going through her head. The slender Gem was troubling over her thoughts, and she wanted to sort them out as soon as possible. She wanted to give her mind a rest, yet her heart wished to experience something entirely new.

Quietly, she exited the home, as she went down the stairs, and headed to the close border of the beach next to it. She walked slowly and in silence, staring at the now tranquil ocean. Deciding she wouldn't be obtaining any proper rest, she stood still, and prepared to practice her fusion dance.

"Here goes nothing. . ." she whispered, as she closed her eyes, and got on her tip toes.

She gracefully lifted one leg high in the sky, and gave a small twirl. The sand was barely a challenge to her, now that she had practiced countless times. Then, she gave a small jump, and a more rapid twirl. The small waves that crashed into the sand were her music, and she had gotten lost with both the sound and her dance.

After repeating and adding more steps, she finalized her fusion dance by standing on her tip toes, and giving a dip to her imaginary dance partner. Once doing so, she opened her eyes, and heaved out a sigh. The small, yet vigorous dance had helped her calm the raging thoughts on her head, and she was now ready to head back home. She was ready to face another day, and perhaps, to encounter something new along the way.

She calmly went up her home's stairs, and quietly creaked open the door, thinking nobody had seen her dance-- thinking no one had noticed her strange behavior. The slender Gem had indeed inspected the area for any possible being standing close by. What she hadn't noticed, however, was that one of her own had been watching her from afar. Said person couldn't help the grin that was forming on her stern features, as she watched her sit on the couch, deep in her own thoughts.

The two had been quite troubled with their thoughts. There was, however, a difference. One was rather happy of the thoughts that her head carried, whereas the other was quite preoccupied with all the thoughts forming on hers.

Pearl simply couldn't believe such a strange encounter had taken place just a few hours ago, and she didn't want to close her eyes. She thought this had been all but a dream, and as soon as she woke up, she would be back at the border of the ocean-- still practicing her dance. The troubled woman thought she would return back to reality as soon as the next day came along.

Meanwhile, you were laying on your bed, with your eyes wide open. You were having trouble falling asleep, and you had tried countless times to simply relax your mind. That, of course, had been impossible. From drawing your thoughts out on the papers that were laid out on the desk to staring out the window, you hoped this would've gotten your mind away from her, yet both the drawing you'd created and the stars you had gazed reminded you all of the woman with copper hair.

You felt strange and conflicted ever since that odd encounter, and as much as you hated to admit it, you wanted to see her again. The woman had captured your heart with her grace and curious questions. Needless to say, you wanted to know more about her. You yearned to see her beautiful, blue eyes one more time before you left this adventurous place.

It was for certain both you and her weren't to obtain any proper rest this night, hence why you both decided on letting your thoughts go wild. You both let your minds run free, until they would finally tire of their incessant pondering.