Chapter 1

• Dedicated to my wounderful boyfriend(:

Chapter 1

(chris)

"Where are you Samatha?" My sister the trouble-maker, where has she gone now? I just want to forget our problems and go back to the compound, but with the rouges around there is no such luck. "Please come out, I have a meeting to get to you know." Always the thorn in my side, like our last name implies.

"I'm not hiding Christopher. I am in my favorite place. Come find me!" She doesn't understand that I hate her running off by herself. "I''m coming Sam, please get out of the river and come back to camp. I don't need to be late to this meeting. Hurry up!" 

As I walked to the river I saw sam getting out of the river and drying off with a towel. She is really beautiful, looks just like our mother. Short dirty-blond hair, light blue eyes-well when shes not upset or angry-and a lilthe body built like a pro athlete. "How was your swim sis?"

"Fine, chris. Like I said this is my favorite place, near the water. Although you can't stand it, well not very many can." She always can read me like a book, water is probably my greatest fear. 

"Yes, so now can we go. You are dressed and I am late." I strated walking back towards camp with sam right beind. I need to be at the leaders meeting but with sam always running off they probably know I'll be there a little late. 

"Chris how come we stopped hunting the rouges? I mean you haven't left for battle in a couple weeks, so does that mean we are heading home soon?" Why does she always do this. 

"We have no home, Samatha. Nothing is left, we live our lives with the burn pack. Clear-creek is no more. Even if we were to return home, I would be Alpha but it would be just you and me, we have no mates, very few friends. This small pack is all we have and we have to make due with what we have."

I feel like a terrible person, she always has the best of intentions but I want her to understand there is nothing left for us. It's been 13 years, to this day. That reminds me, "Happy Birthday sis. I love ya." I pull her into a hug as we head into camp. 

"Sshh! We don't like people know that...remember?" She shoved me hard to prove it too. "And happy you know what to you too." She took off towards our tent while I headed to our Alphas tent. "Hey boys come here!" There they are the only two people I can trust. 

"Heath, Josh! Man hows it going, I was looking for you eariler. I needed your help with sam. She went missing,wait! I found her, don't go into a panic. Today is a very bad day for the both of us and she went to her favorite place." 

"Thank goodness you found her! I hate when she does that!" Great Heath like I need a rememider you like my baby sister. 

"Dude, that's just gross! Stop trying to hook up with my sister!" I get so fustrated between him and sam and this whole pack! 

"Heath lay off Chris, he's under a lot of stress. I mean today is his 20th birthday, and sam's too right?"How the Hell did Josh know that?

"WHAT! Who told you that? Sam would never tell you, she hates me even telling her!" I can't beleive this, we have tried so hard for no one to know. 

"Easy man, we can tell because your scent has changed. You can spell your Alpha genes kick in. Plus, you and sam look so much alike but yet so different. You can tell your twins." Josh, the smart calm one of us.

"Whatever, I have to get going. Go check on sam will ya?" With that I strated back towards our Alphas tent. I hope me coming of age doesn't mess with me taking orders from Alpha Burn. 

"Sure man! See ya!" They took aff after sam. I want sam to find her mate, I want both of us to. I walk into the tent with my pack, being beta and second to Alpha Burn I could walk in late with no fighting. 

"Now that Beta Thorn has shown let's get to the real reason I called this metting. As you all know the royal pack's Alpha son has come of age today. They are throwing a royal ball and my pack was invited to attend. We leave to the royal compound tomorrow, and with any luck be there by tomorrow night. Also, I just noticed something else. Beta Thorn, you come of age today. We need to discuss what were going to do now." Alpha Burn voice rang out with athority, while I felt nothing but panic. His voice had the Alpha tone but it didn't effect me at all.

(Sam)

I hate this day. Thinking of my birthday, I mean our birthday. Chris doesn't understand why I don't like this day. I think he forgets today is also the day our parents died. I can't celebrate them anymore, I use to enjoy my birthday more than anyone after all I was the future Alpha. I am the older one of Chris and I but I don't tell him that, since our parents were killed I never want to be Alpha or any of it. I just want to be left alone, but as long as Chris's two  friends are alive that won't happen. Josh is sweet and caring, with his mate Joesphine or Joe, but Heath I want to rip off his manhood and send him down the sweet river. That boy won't take a hint no matter how bad I hurt him, or push him away. 

"Hey babydawl! I missed you and I got you a birthday present!" What! I am beyond pissed! Chris the traitor has told them. 

"Get away from me Heath. I don't celebrate my birthday, you should give it to Chris he does. And speaking of the traitor where is he?" I'm going to get him for this. 

"Whoh! Why is he a traitor and I don't think a dress would look good on him." Josh came through the door pulling Joe with him. "Here sweetie we got you one too, I feel bad cause we didn't know you didn't celebrate. It kinda matches what Heath got you." 

For the love of cheese! "Why would you all just magacially get me something this year, has it not occured to you I never once told you before it was my birthday?" Ha! Their faces are priceless!

"Well, it's not so much as that as it's your 20th birthday! You know your coming of age day! We we're so excited for you, plus we got wind that were heading to the Princess's royal ball for his birthday. So umh, we have to go but well see ya!" Joe grabbed Josh's hand and ran out the door leaving Heath blushing from head to toe.

"So umh about the ball I like to ask and I know you uh don't really uh go out but I was wounderin if youd go with me. I mean its mandatory for us all to attend so uh yeah will you?" Heath was annoying all the time but right now he was so nervous and worried I'd turn him down I just had to.

"Can I open my presents then decide?" I was fighting a smile as he handed it over, not meeting my eyes. I opened the box within was a beautiful red silk dress with a black swirls. Then after I pulled out the dress I saw a mask that covered only my eyes and it matched the dress perfecty. I pulled out Joe's and Josh's present, the shoes that were black 3 in heels and a black diamond necklace with matching earrings. 

"Oh my! There beautiful! Thank you!" I was so amazd with the dress and jewlery I didn't notice Heath come up and stand before me. He leaned down to my level and took my face in his large warm hands and kissed me. Thats when I broke off and I wispered "yes." That's when all hell broke lose. 

This is my first story. I will try and upload at least a chapter a day! I am also new so I will try my best to fulfill your hopes! That you all for reading this!