Her Love Part 5

Nora P.O.V
It's been a couple weeks since I been working for Daniel as his assistant. I thought it would be a good way to get over him. All it did was make the feelings resurface again, he didn't even know I existed. All he saw was an employee and nothing else.

I knew soon I had to quit or this time the pain would be unbearable causing me to do something I might regret. I checked the day, I was gonna give myself until the end of the month. Today was the 15, of May; I had enough time.

Daniel's birthday was in 5 days, he had a party organized for it and wanted me to make sure everything went through. That was how my life went until the day of his party where I spent the entire time waiting for it to be finished.

"It's good to see you again Nora" Rose said coming up to me, she had a warm smile in her face which I couldn't help return,

"It good to see you too Rose" I said, we talked for a couple minutes until her parent came over, once her mother saw me. She pulled me into a hug, I felt the tears roll down my face and when we pulled apart she was in tears too.

"Oh, Honey. I missed you" she said with a sad smile on her face,

"I've missed you too," I replied before I turned to Mr. Ryder

"It's a pleasure to see you again Sir" I said, whenever I had to talk to him his face was void of emotions but today I could see something,

"I wanted to apologize Nora, my son the old him is gone, the one who you loved and adored. You were going to spend the rest of your life with. He left and in return I got the son I always wanted, I was so blinded by my happiness that I didn't see yours leave in front of my eyes." He said to me, his face looked broken and worn down,

"Sir, fate had a way of doing things. I'm happy that you finally got the son you wanted. My Daniel always wanted a relationship with you Sir. He finally did in the end, as long as he's happy I am." I said as I turned to watch Daniel across the room.

He was making his way around to everyone who came. At the end he ended up on the dance floor, he looked so happy and young. Exactly like the first time I met him, he was laughing. I felt my heart skip a beat, it's been so long since I heard him laugh. I couldn't help let the smile grow on my face, until his girlfriend made an entrance. Everyone parted for her as she made her way to Daniel. His whole body shifted, he straightened a bit, giving her his undivided attention. His eyes full of hunger and lust for her,

I put my hand on my heart, their use to be a time when he looked at me but it was long gone. It wasn't until that moment, that I realized that he was coming back to me. They finally made there way to each other, she pulled him in for a kiss. I turned as fast as I could, his family all looked at me. I told them I had to use the bathroom and made my way out of there. I don't know where I was going just that I needed to leave from there.

I opened the door closest to me at that moment and closed the door as fast as I could. Once I got in I let out a huge sob, slowly letting my body touch the ground. My cries grew louder and louder until I got it all out. I checked my watch and saw the party was going to end soon. I looked up to see a bathroom, heading inside.

Splashing some water on my face, I looked at the mirror at myself and saw someone else looking back at me. It wasn't me, it was another version of me, a me that had the brace face on 24/7 and couldn't take it off. I closed the door and was making my way out the room when something caught the corner of my eye. It was a picture of Daniel, he was smiling with a friend. I walked up to it and saw many more pictures of him. This was his room, as each picture I passed by was it slowly showed my Daniel. The man I fell in love with, who was my everything. I missed him so much, that's when I heard the door knob move. I turned to see Daniel, he looked surprised before angry took over.