It's Okay

~Night & Frost~

By: TsubasaKEI

Don't try to make it yours!

Enjoy~

---------------------------------------------
Chapter 4: It's Okay

"Jack this is stupid."

"Nope, i got this! You'll see."

"That's –what, the fourth time you said it?" Hiccup groaned exasperatedly.

"Shh! You'll scare him!" Jack silenced Hiccup with his finger, then he proceeded to creep behind a bulky dragon —a Gronckle as Hiccup explained— who's too buzy chewing his pebbles to notice the whitette presence.

Just when Jack's fingertips were inches from the dragon, his tail swung at him. With a strong kick Jack pushed himself to avoid the rock hard tail, resulting him to trip on his own feet and fell toward a snow mound behind him ... again.

"Told you, can't disturb a dragon's meal time." Hiccup tried—and failed—to conceal his amusement. A toothy grin plastered on his face while watching Jack claw his way out the pile of snow.

"Shut up. It's not fair you can get all dragon to like you," Jack pushed himself out and dusted off his clothes. Eyes glaring at the brunette who now walked closer, trying to look annoyed but his grin gave it away. Okay, so maybe being startled to the point of making a fool of himself was funny.

"Well, perks of being the dragon master." Hiccup shrugged, face looking as humble as possible just to make Jack grumbled in frustration. Hiccup chuckled and patted Jack's soaked back, then dragged them both away from the Gronkle.

"Don't worry, they'll grow on you...in time."

"Yeah, and you said it how many times already? Five? Six?" Hiccup tried to object the statement, but finding  nothing except the truth in Jack's words he let out a sheepish smile instead. Jack's smirk was victorious. As they passed the lively street of Berk, many waved their greetings at them, and for a strange reason some even stopped Jack for a quick bone crushing hug -it was a nice gesture despite the accidental injury.

Hiccup smiled fondly at the sight. Remembering something similar happened a few days earlier. The minute they return from their flight people instantly swarmed them, edging to see who the newcomer was. Since Jack's arrival was a surprise to the village, no one knew who was the injured boy that the chief's son brought in from that strange island. Hiccup put the island as an uncharted territory for he and Toothless had never been able to go beyond the trees. After a few surprised gasps and a long explaination from Hiccup, the villagers officialy welcomed Jack with open arms, they even threw him a small feast.

After Jack was healthy enough, Hiccup then started to give Jack a tour around the village with Toothless in tail. The Night Furry delightfully showed off Jack his incredible flight agility by making a random twisty maneuver that surprised the whitette to no end.

Hiccup also introduced Jack to his group of friends. Fishleg was afraid at first; eyeing the white hair anxiously and maintain a certain distance from him, while the others—thankfully—were unfazed by his pale complexion. Ruffnut, who sticked to the teen like a magnet, petting Jack's soft white locks while cooing 'you're a cutie~' into Jack's ear, making his face turn red from embarrassement.