Chapter 5

“So My Chick Bad is the one we get to pick to show off and then the other two songs get to be battled on?”

“Yeah. Or you can dance to all three, it may have changed.” I was sitting in Andie’s bathroom while she was doing my hair and was going to give me my clothes.

“Ok done. Now onto clothes.” She turned my chair around so I could see in the mirror. It wasn’t much put it looked really good.

“Here you go put these on.” She shoved some clothes in my hand and closed the door. I carefully took my old clothes off and slipped on my new ones. Sparkly and pink. That would look cool in the lights. Then I realized something was missing.

“Andie, where are my shoes?” I heard laughter outside the door. I opened it to find no one there.

“Andie?”

“HERE!” The sound was from Grace’s room. I walked in there and Grace was holding something behind her back while Andie was sitting down on a tiny play chair.

“Can I have them?”Grace shook her head.

“Nope, but you can have the box. Grace, you can give it to her.” I was handed an empty Nike box. Originally I was going to wear the purple ones but she said she had other plans.

“Do I, like, open it?”

“No, just walk around with a box.” Andie said. I rolled my eyes before opening it. The only thing in there was a little piece of paper.

Outside.

“What’s outside?”

“I don’t know, go tell me.” I huffed before walking down the stairs. Andie and Grace were at the top of the steps. I reached the door.

“If this is a prank….” I opened the door slowly.

“SURPRISE!” I jumped back and laughed.

“No way! Guys!” Sasha, Jacob, Cam, Damien, Riley, and David were standing at Andie’s door. I turned to her.

“How did you get them?”

“I know them. Geez, you underestimate me.”

“Why are you guys here?”

“To watch you battle of course! Girl, I have missed you with a capital M.” Riley gave me a hug and I did refuse it. Sasha was next and then, like the men they are, I bro hugged all the guys.

“This is so sick. What time is it?” I asked.

“Almost 7! We have to go!” I was pushed out of the door.

“Wait! Where are my shoes?” I was handed them and marveled at them.

“These are sooo better than the purple ones.” I slipped them on and completed my outfit. We started walking down the barren street to The Dragon. I was quickly pulled out of the group by Sasha and Riley.

“Sooooo. How’s this rich school? Any cute boys?” Sasha asked. I shrugged.

“It’s ok. They want me to be a prima because of my parents. We have three hours of dance in the beginning of the day. NO Street Dancing allowed.”

“That’s cruel. How do you live?” Riley exclaimed.

“There’s a few people who dance. Remember my cousin Flames,” The nodded. “He’s there. There’s a boy, you’ll meet him tonight. He’s sick.”

“Are you really dating a ballet boy?” Jacob said.

“I’m not dating him and he’s not a ballet boy.”