The First Instructing Dream

I dreamed of falling fast and hard. Everything was dark but I could see outlines of rocks and two walls on each side of me.

            I scrambled to find a ledge to hold onto but the walls were steep and straight.

            Suddenly, everything froze. I stopped falling and it was like a light was turned on. I could see around me.

            I was in a deep slope or cavern. Two walls of red rock were to my sides and I couldn’t see the sky above. This was Galena’s place.

            “Ah, my daughter has finally arrived,” a welcoming, male’s voice said. It was loud and showed great authority but was also soft and gentle. It was like a strong and sturdy rocking chair.

            I searched the cavern. “Who?” This couldn’t be Father. Otherwise he would be so angry at us

            “Your father, of course.” However an older man appeared above me. Magic, just like with Jenkins.

            The man looked like nothing royal. He had a large hook nose and creases on his forehead; frown and smile lines. His hair was gray and so was his beard. The man wore simple clothes; a tan tunic and a brown belt. He looked strong as his voice but his hands were scarred.

            “You aren’t my father! My father is the great King Darius!” I shouted angrily. How dare this peasant try and impersonate my father?

            Given the circumstances, the man smiled, calmly. “Ah, but I am. Oh Darius is mine as well. I remember when he found me…”

            “No.”

            “Yes, I am. Before your father I am. I made you, Ericka Sky. I made every hair on your hair and who do you think gave you your power? I made the world!” He waved his arms in the air.

            I shook my head. “Imposter! You aren’t rich enough to be a god!”

            The man didn’t look offended. “I am none of Donstania’s many gods. I am all of them. I am your Lord as I am to Jenkins. I am the shepherd to my people and, right now, you need shepherding.”

            I don’t really know why but I believed him. His speech sounded convincing enough.

            “I can tell you of the wonders and dangers you will face. I can tell you all of them. For you, I have chosen your destiny with care. You have the potential to do great things.”

            “So tell me what I am supposed to do.”

            “Supposed?” The Lord had a twinkle in his eye. “That you already know. For now, I may appear in your dreams until the day we formally meet. As for this journey, once you wake up, tell Jenkins that the Lord of Light is to return. And practice your sword fighting, you and your sisters. And also,” the Lord looked at me with a straight and wise face. “you can trust Aaron Delgado, he’ll bring you far.”

            With the movements I was allowed in this odd dream, I knelt on one knee. “Praise to you but do grant me more wisdom and knowledge of this all.”

            The Lord put up his hand. “Until we meet again.” He flashed away, leaving me in confusion of what I just saw. Then I started to fall again.

            I woke up with a start.