Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Dante's POV

I pulled against the chains around my wrist again, feeling the metal scrape at my skin. I knew I wouldn't get out. It just helped me know that I still have some kind of control over myself down here.

I wasn't sure how long I had before Lucifer and his demons would come to torture me. Lately, Lucifer wouldn't come but I honestly wasn't too sure when he would show up.

My back was still covered with lashes from the metal whip the demons liked to play with.

They had other weapons too. There weren't any names for them, but I could remember how they felt on my skin. The worst they'd do to me is peel off my skin, little by little. I'd scream out for hours, until my throat got sore. Then they'd do it again the next day.

"Don't tell me you're falling asleep now, Dante."

I didn't lift up my head. I let it hang there because I knew who it was.

"I know I taught you better than that." A rough hand touched my face, forcing my head up. "There's that pretty boy face I love to see everyday."

My eyes fell to Baliel. He wasn't ugly or scaly like demons are. Actually, the angels that fell with Lucifer were made in the spitting image of God. But the creations that Lucifer tried to make himself like God first made Adam and Eve, weren't so lucky in the looks department.

Baliel had fiery red hair. There were so many angels, but I'd always remember him by his hair. Then I'd remember what he's done to me. He made it his duty to make sure I'm tortured well.

"You're not so big shot down here anymore, are you?" He chided. "Lucifer finds you worthless now that you can't go back up."

I still didn't answer. I just glared at him wearily.

"Baliel, stop playing with the poor boy."

My eyes searched for Lucifer's as he came up from behind Baliel. He was my leader and I couldn't help but lowered my head in respect as he came closer. Baliel disappeared, shooting me a glare.

"Word has it, your lover is trying to retrieve you." He said.

My head snapped up to him. I realized that he was right up in front of me. His dark eyes accented his long dark hair, making him all the more fearful. "I don't have a lover." I said sternly, hating how my thoughts filled with the images of her. I wanted to hate her. I did hate her. Just not as much as I'd want.

Lucifer laughed, a hearty laugh that shook the whole cave of a room I was in. "Have you forgotten her already? That's a shame." He said. "But if she makes it through, let her capture you."

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

"Let her capture you." He repeated. "I need you to take care of something for me on the upside."

"Take care of what?"

"I'll tell you when you make it up there." He winked, grinning. He sat up then, dusting off dirt off of his tuxedo. He looked sharp and lethal. He always did. "Just use her to get up there. Then you can kill her if you want." He shrugged, walking out.

I stared after him, taking in what he just said. Why would Emerson come down here? What could she possibly gain?

Emerson's POV

"I don't need an escort." I told Callum as we arrived to Las Vegas. It wasn't a long drive from where we were, but it was awkward when neither of us talked eachother.

"I didn't say you did." He brushed past me as he walked towards a place that looked like a club.

I looked at the girls in line, noticing their tight fitted dressed that barely covered their underwear and felt kind of out of place. I haven't been down here in the last two years and I didn't feel right.