~chapter 6 "my mate...does'nt no yet.." ~

~Lucas~

she then wrote the word.....

........kaylie.

a warm wave went through my body. her name was beautiful...just like she was. I gave her a smile and she smiled back shyly. I then snapped back to reality when I noticed I hav'nt asked her about her neck yet.

"so....what..happened to your neck? and why can't you talk?" I said waiting for her reply. she then looked at her hands with a sad face and started to play with her fingers.

ugh. great job Lucas! I'm such a ass. I should'nt have asked her that!

"oh um....you don't have to answer it if you don't wanna.." I said scratching the back of my head. she then looked at me and noded a bit. I guess it was about time she asked me a question now and....that's pretty much what she did. she then wrote down

"how did I get here?"

"oh well I was in the woods with my pa---" I then stoped and though about if I should tell her or not. I then decided not to...she's all ready freaked out as it is now...I would'nt went to make it worse.

I cleared my throat and began again.

"I was out in the woods with my friends when I saw you. you looked like you were trying to get away from something then you just....passed out." I said looking her in the eyes I could see mixed emotions in her eyes. sadness, angry, embaressment, all in one. I felt so bad that I could'nt have helped her before.....I was to late....

"I then decided to take you to my house it was the closed to the woods we were in. And my uncle is a doctor...he made sure you were ok" I said giving her a reassuring smile. she then looked at me and smiled back.

she then wrote down.

"will I be able to....talk again?" weal she moved her hand up to her throat. and just then I felt a pain in my chest. I did'nt no what to tell her....that...she'll never be able to talk again.

"well...I don't know. but don't worry we'll think of something" I said grabing her hand in mine. she then slightly smiled and pulled her hand away from mine. I got a bit mad but I knew this was all hard for her and everything and I did'nt want it to turn out worst then when I tell her she has to be mine....she's my mate after all.

I then get a mind link from my friend Vincent again.

"lucas!"

"what now Vincent? I'm kinda busy!"

"sorry alpha. but were having some trouble in the northern end of are territory. the rogues are back again. but this time....they brought more of there pack members to try and ant-bush us!"

I sighed and clenched my teeth. why did this have to happen now of all time! I let out a low growl.

"fine. I'll be there soon just try and block then out as long as you can!"

"yes sir!"

I then looked back at kaylie and gave a slight smile.

"it seems like something came up. I have to go but....I'll get someone here to watch you just in case you Need anything...ok?"

she nodded her head and wrote on her white board.

"nice meeting you...Lucas."

I melted to her words. even though she could'nt speak...I could some how hear her beautiful voice saying my name...

I then gave her one last smile before I left the room.