Chapter Eleven - The Past and Present

Chapter Eleven – The Past and Present

 Robyn’s POV***

 I walked into my house, calling out, “I’m home!”

My mom walked into the living room, wiping her hands with a rag. “Good Evening Robyn.” She smiled sweetly at me and looked behind me. “Oh, hello Danny. Will you be staying for dinner?”

Danny poked around me and looked at my mom. “Uh, yeah. If you don’t mind…”

 “Of course not!” She laughed loudly.

 Danny sighed and I smiled. I looked at my mom then walked into the kitchen. Where was Alyssa? I wondered. “Hey mom… Where’s Alyssa?” I asked.

 “Oh, she went to the Michael’s to get some art supplies.” She responded.

 I giggled slightly. I loved my sister. She was a good artist. She puts herself down a lot though. Never the less she is amazing. I beckoned Danny to me and I turned to my mom before going up stairs. “We’re gonna go to my room and chill. Later can you bring some Takis or candy?” She nodded and I continued up the stairs.

 Finally Danny and I were in the room and I sat down on my floor having my back lay against the bed. Danny started to talk about the fight that occurred today, but the only thing I could think about right now, unfortunately was… dad. I hated to think about it. But sometimes it just happens and I can’t help it.

 “Robyn! Have you seen your dad today?” my mom asked me when I was in my room.

“No! I haven’t!” I yelled back.

I heard footsteps go up the stairs and I quickly fixed up the room before they got here.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yupp,” I replied as I popped the p. “Totally for sure. Why?”

 She shuffled her feet and looked down. “Well I called his workplace and they said he wasn’t there… and I’m pretty sure he left last night.” She looked up at me. “He packed up his clothes.”

 “What?” I stood frozen at what she said. He packed up his clothes… for what? But it never came to me. We weren’t doing anything wrong in particular… I fell to my knees as everything began to dull in my head… Why did he leave?

 “Dad!”

He looked back at me and shook his head. And continued to walk ahead.

 “Dad! Wait! Don’t leave me!” I yelled as I ran closer to him. The loud trains passed quickly by me, making my hair whip me in the face.

 “No Robyn. I need you to take care of mom for me.” He said back to me.

 “But…” I replied. “You need to take care of her not me. She’s your wife.”

 He sighed. Turning around to grab my face and forced me to look him in the eyes. I really didn’t want to though because I was afraid of me crying. “Robyn, there are things I wish I could tell you but you're too young to understand the means of things.”

 I hiccupped loudly, giving out signs that I was holding back my loud cries. After, my dad let me go and slowly walked away. He didn’t even say goodbye. But soon he was standing in front of the next bus… talking to a woman and 2 children… laughing; smiling. The things I just couldn’t do right now…

 “Robyn?!”

 I looked at the person calling out my name. I blinked my eyes at them. Who was this? Oh right. My best friend, one of the only friends that’s been with me through it all.