unsteady ❅ lirry

Warnings
strong language

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Liam released a long, shaky breath as he removed another misplaced book from the teen-fiction shelf to add it to the pile of astray books in his arms.

He was thankful for his job at the library, as it consumed eight hours of his day that he would have most likely spent thinking about where did he go wrong.

Why did Harry suddenly stop loving him?

It started off as Harry coming to visit his shabby apartment less, barely inviting him over to his extravaganza of a home for the weekends like he used to, then it became rushed phone calls every four days, sometimes weekend to weekend. He even had Liam's calls directly sent to his voicemail, so the forlorn boy could not even call him whenever he wanted to.

Liam tried to reason with the fact that Harry is London's most famous CEO and 'bachelor' - Harry refused to announce their relationship to the public, claiming that it was better this way, and Liam did not argue with him about it despite his differing opinions - and that he was probably busy managing his multi-billionaire business. But was he too busy to hold a two minute conversation with his boyfriend to make sure that he was still alive?

Apparently he was.

That, and the seven-year age gap between them left Liam second guessing his actions ninety-nine percent of the time. Would Harry suddenly realize that he is very childish and break up with him? Was a question that constantly haunted his thoughts.

So Liam wiped a stray tear that escaped his eye at his soul-crushing thoughts that would be instantaneously quelled by a kiss and words of reassurance from Harry.

But Harry was not there and Liam found that very hard to accept and live with.

• • •

Liam startled from his very comfortable position on the couch at the sound of keys twisting his lock open. It took him some time to realize that the only other person with keys to his house was Harry. Harry. So that meant that he was here; he was home.

Liam almost toppled over to his knees in an attempt to untangle himself from his cocoon of blankets and rushed to greet his boyfriend, almost pathetically.

The disbelieving boy stopped short at the heavenly sight of his older boyfriend. He had his tie loosened around his neck, his expensive dress shirt untucked from his pants, and - to Liam's utter misfortune - a weakening lazy smile graced his lips that almost had Liam forgetting about the past two months entirely.

"Hi, baby boy. I missed you." Harry held his arms open as a silent invitation for Liam to fall effortlessly into them, and starving for his lover's affection as he is, he couldn't help but do so.

He rushed to where Harry stood expectantly, stopped to stare at Harry, almost to make sure that he was really there, then jumped into his strong but warm embrace feverishly.

A gasped sob escaped Liam's lips when he felt Harry's arms wrap comfortingly around him. It's been too long, and Liam should not have to feel like that if his boyfriend was not that far away of a drive. So why did Harry put him through this unbearable pain?

"Hey now love. Why are you crying?" Harry patted his back gently then began to walk with Liam still hanging onto him like a koala towards the couch so he could hold Liam better.

"I missed you so much." Liam's voice pathetically cracked towards the end of his muttered statement. He kept his face buried in his boyfriend's neck in embarrassment and clinginess.