It's better off this way

Gerard's POV

The sandwhich hit Frank square in the face, falling open and landing in his lap.  He looked up with a resigned sigh to see the Jocks laughing openly at him and pointing.  We were sitting on the steps outside the school eating lunch.  Ray and Mikes grimaced at him sympatheticaly. Frank looked over to me and I shook my head sadly.  There was no point making a fuss unless we wanted the shit kicked out of us.  One day, I thought to myself, someone would give them what they deserved.  But it wouldn't be us, and certainly not now.

The day hadn't been that bad on the whole.  Frankly, if all the Jocks ever did was chuck bits of sandwhich at us life would be dandy.  Although, in wasting their food it just meant that they'd steal ours instead.  But they'd pretty much left us alone today,  and the day had been largely uneventful. Math had dragged as always, but I always enjoyed Art, and PE was just humorous.  I didn't even bother to change for swimming, instead preferring to stand on the diving board fully clothed and laugh at the teacher's reaction.  Well, laughing until I got my third detention that week - and it was only tuesday.

The bell rang and the others jumped up.  I didn't move though.  I'm passed caring about being late for class.  I dont give two long shits about my education.  Its not like Im even particularly academic.  Im not gonna stay and let them tell me how different I am and how Im going nowhere.  I dont care if Im going nowhere; 'nowhere' has gotta be better than here.  Im gonna get out of here and do something with my life.

____________________________________________________________________________

"You like D&D, Audrey Hepburn, Fengoria, Harry Houdini and Croquet.  You cant swim, you cant dance and you don't know karate.  Face it - your never gonna make it."

Ray and I were sat on his porch that day after school.  Mikes and Frank had disappeared inside to play Guitar Hero, but Ray and I had stayed outside in the sun.  See - we're not vampires all the time.

I thought carefully about my next words.  I'd broached the subject as we sat on the steps, leaning against the railings.  We all had big plans, but I guess Ray was the most realistic of us all.  Even so, his words just made me all the more eager to leave this dump.

"I dont wanna make it.  I just wanna..."  I trailed off.  I dont really know how to finish that sentence.  What do I want with my life?  To make money?  Too spend my life sitting in an office?  Too be rich and famous?  Too meet a nice girl?  I snort.  Yeah right, like that was gonna happen anytime soon.

"I dont know Ray.  But I dont wanna stay here for the rest of my life.  I'd end up like Mr Gullings - stuck in the supply closet with Mrs Cooper everyday."   Yeah, and they thought no-one knew about their little lunchtime activities.  Everyone knew she was just using him for a good shagging.  Or a bad shagging.  "Im gonna get out and do something worthwhile.  All of us will.  I mean, look at Mikey - he's clever, and sweet, and an awesome bassist.  He'll get a life for himself and meet a great girl.  You and Frank are both insane guitarists, and you're all....computer-y.  You'll both go far.  As for me - I'll just have to wait and see what comes.  But Im gonna go far, Ray, you'll see.  Im gonna show all those nitwits who think Im useless.  Im gonna be okay."

Okay well I think that was a little boring and unbelievably short, but at least you had lots of scenes from the vid.  Did you find them all??  I included four, I think.  See if you can find them all!!  Comment and tell me what they were :D

Anyway, thankyou for those who commented XD  Cya next chappie :P