Extended Blurb

Beth:

By the mid twenty-first century, the human population had grown beyond expectations. When it showed no signs of slowing down, an extremist group claimed to have unleashed a virus upon the world. At first it was considered a hoax; until people started dying.

First it was the elderly and the sick. Soon after, patterns in deaths emerged and we discovered our average life expectancy was lowering. By the time the world realised the virus was real, most had been infected and wouldn't live beyond thirty-five.

The world has changed since then. It's been one hundred years since the virus was unleashed and still we have no cure. We don't know how it attacks or why, only that it prevents us from living beyond thirty-five.

I'm one of the many working to find a way to help us live out our lives naturally once more. The difference between me and the others looking for a cure is I've found something that could lead to one – and it could change everything.

I know I'm being watched. I know that I'm in danger. Some don't want to go back to the old ways. They say we deserve our curse and that it's our eternal punishment for the crimes committed by our ancestors. I say to hell with them. Whatever is causing us to die before our time isn't natural. I'll fight until my dying breath to find a cure.

Jay:

For five days and five nights I've watched her, waiting to find the right time to tell her the truth. What she thinks she knows about our world and the work she is doing... if only she knew.

They're watching her too. I've seen them. They'll spin their web of lies when they try and convince her to join them. If she refuses to join them, she's as good as dead.

They call us rebels; people who oppose their so-called attempts to find a cure. It's all a lie. We're the ones who want the cure, to return power to the people and to stop the tyrannical rule of those who believe they deserve power.

I don't know if I can trust her, but still I have to try. If I can save her, it might be the beginning of a new era. If I can save her, maybe she can save us all.