Frost Academy

I stood, staring at crimson stained walls, my hand covered my mouth to prevent the bloodcurdling scream that wanted to break through.

Blood, I need blood, my mind told me. I suddenly lurched forward, falling to my knees. My hands thrown out in front of me to break the fall, and that's when I realized what had happened here. Blood covered my hands, and the sight of a lifeless body layed before me, two punctures in the neck.

Three loud knocks on my door tore me from my nightmare and I jerked myself into a sitting position, clutching my chest while gasping for air.

"Victoria, are alright in there?" My mother asked from the other side of the door. She tried the door, twisting the knob back and forth. "Since when do you lock your door?"

Once I had composed myself, I answered her, "I'll be up in a bit." To my displeasure, my voice cracked halfway through the sentence.

"Was it the same one?" She asked quietly, referring to my nightmare. I'd been having the same nightmare ever since I turned seventeen, which was almost a year ago, my eighteenth birthday was approaching quickly.

"Yeah." I said.

She hesitated before answering, probably unsure of what to say, "Breakfast is on the table... don't be late for school again, Victoria."

After giving her a reply, I threw off my covers and headed for my closet.

Once I was finished getting dressed, a ran a brush through my raven coloured hair and put on some light makeup.

"Ugh, I hate school." I said while sitting down to eat with my family.

My father, as usual, was reading a book, but he still somehow engaged in the conversation, "That school is good for you, you'll learn a lot there." He said, his eyes glued to the book in his hands.

I pushed my eggs around on my plate with my fork, suddenly not very hungry, "Why can't I go to your school?"

My father was the Headmaster of a very wealthy academy, where only the beautiful and intelligent go. The beautiful part was true, though I'm not so sure about intelligent... probably rich though.

"Frost Academy is not for you, Victoria." Is all he said.

I stood, my chair making a screeching sound on the ground, "Fine, I should head off to my boring school then."

"You haven't even eaten your breakfast yet." My mother pointed out.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder and opened the door, "I'm not hungry." And with that I walked out, closing the door behind me.

"Tori!" My best friend squealed, giving me a bear hug. Once she released me I took a step back.

"Why are you so excited?"

We began walking to our first period class, side by side like we usually did every morning.

"I haven't seen you since Friday." She frowned and looked at me with sad brown eyes, "Were you feeling alright?"

I had been ignoring all of my friends phone calls the whole weekend for some reason. I guess I wasn't feeling very social.

"Er... yeah, I didn't feel well. Maybe we can hang out next weekend." Doubt it.

She smiled, obviously counting on it."Yeah, I saw the cutest dress at the mall..." she continued on with her stories throughout the whole day, seeing as though we have almost every class together.

"Do you need a ride home?" She asked me at the end of the day.

"Nah," I said. "I took my own car today. See you tomorrow." I gave her a wave as I walked to my car in the parking lot.