Chapter Five

CHAPTER 5

A/N:I want to apologize for the delay... But holy crap 15,000 reads?! :D you guys are the best.

-------------

My eyes opened. The sunlight bathed my skin as I lay on a quite comfortable bed, on my side. With a groan I closed my eyes again.

What happened yesterday was something I didn't want to deal with today, my neck stung and I could already tell that today was going to be a bad day. Why did I let Drake use me, why did I let him -feed- off of me?

Maybe I was one of those people that can't stand to see someone else in pain.

I was the cause of his suffering anyways, right?

Thoughts clouded my mind, forbidding me to go back to sleep. I sat up, rubbing my eyes before looking around. I noticed I was still in Drake's room...

I WAS IN DRAKE'S ROOM!

I suddenly jerked out of bed in search of a clock. I was probably going to be late for class.

The covers fell to the floor and I somehow found a way to trip on them, landing on the floor with a thud.

I looked up as the door was thrust open, revealing a concerned looking Drake.

"Shit, Victoria, are you okay?" he said, walking over to kneel next to me.

I looked up at him, "Yes I'm fine I just... What's the time?"

He gave me a half smile of sorts and offered a hand, I took it, "A little after eleven."

Once I was back on my feet, I swayed a bit, falling into his chest. He caught me immediatly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I took too much blood, I'm so sorry Victoria."

I looked up to see a pained expression arcoss his face, he looked a bit angry too. My hands moved slowly, making their way up to his face, almost as if it wasn't me doing it.

But it was.

I ended up holding his face in my hands, tilting his head down so I could look him in the eyes. I was going to tell him that he shouldn't feel completely at fault, I had told him to do it.

He was looking at me with a strange twinkle in his eye, and I immediatly dropped my hands to my sides. What the hell was I doing?

"I... You said it was eleven, right? I should get going, I'm already late." I escaped his arms and headed for the door. Before I reached it Drake grabbed my hand,

"School's already half over..." he pointed out.

"I have a history test coming up," I said this with a slight whine. "And I fell asleep last class so I'm already behind."

"I know a bit about history..."

I whipped my head around to face him, a smile forming on my lips, "Are you offering to tutor me?"

"It seems so."

And that's what we did for a couple hours. He was actually smarter than I thought--not that I thought he was dumb. He just seemed more like the "I'm a badass, who needs school?" type.

Once I had left and went back to my dorm, Olivia was already there. School must have ended.

"Where were you?" she asked in a worried tone.

"I was at Drake's, we were studying." I said truthfully. She scanned my face, she seemed to be deciding on weather or not she should believe me. Her eyes drifted down to my neck, taking a sharp intake of breath.