EPILOGUE

The sun blazed in the blue sky as the tree tops gently swayed in the breeze. Everything about this planet was tranquil. Even the few sky-cars, that were flying about their business, would not pollute this planet any more. At the first sign of pollution becoming a problem, the emperor had ordered change. These new vehicles used solar power and their batteries could last the whole night even if used constantly.

Emperor Zemer Putilnorphille stood on the balcony of his bedroom in the royal palace enjoying the view of his kingdom. He enjoyed the responsibility of being emperor for his entire race and even at two-hundred-and-seventy years old he felt as driven and healthy as he did when he first took over from his father seventy years previously.

He pulled his long flowing robes around him and left the balcony. Moments later, he heard a knocking at his door.

"Come in," he commanded.

The door opened and his head guard walked in, kneeling before him with his head bowed.

"Rise my friend. What is so important that you would interrupt my private time?"

"Sorry, Emperor but I have an urgent message from control."

"Okay, hand it over, Wimpor," he held out his hand and Wimpor Wmporphille handed the information disk to him.

Emperor Putilnorphille took it and sat at his desk. He inserted the disk into his info block and waited. The face of his Chief Communications officer appeared – looking very excited.

"Emperor, we have received a faint, but unmistakable, signal from the lost mothership, Dragen. It sends a message that they've had engine problems and have crashed on the outermost planet of a system called Sol. We would like your permission to send a rescue party," the message ended.

The emperor faced his head guard. "Tell them to send out two motherships. One for the survivors and the other to repair or destroy it if unsalvageable."

At last, he thought. We have found the 'Dragen'. This is a good day. I miss having my brother at my side.

Emperor Zemer Putilnorphille remembered his former surname fondly. The name he'd had to renounce, as his father had before him, when he took the royal name of Putilnorphille. He smiled. It would be nice to speak with Zermiten again.

His forehead creased and he closed his eyes, I hope he's still alive. He must be, he thought.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :- Please vote and/or comment as all feedback is welcome. I hope you enjoyed the story. Book two (PROBING ANTHERA) will follow soon. It, and the third in this series (SEEDS OF WAR), are only in first draft form at the moment.

I hope you will continue to follow the story at it progresses. Thank you and goodbye.

Merry Christmas to everyone.