Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat down on the window sill.

"Hey Zero?"
"Yeah?"
"Why did you develop feelings for me?" He blushed.
"What kind of a question is that?!"
"Just answer it."
"I...guess I just felt sorry for you even though you were the daughter of that woman. I would've hated to admit it back then but you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met..."
"T-thanks." He moved my hair away from my face.
"(Y/n)..." I smile at him.
"(Y/n)!" Subaru came running in and immediately held onto my shoulders.
"Uh...hi?"
"Everyone was talking about how you performed a song on the piano for them...and I missed it," he exclaimed.
"Uh hehe, but I didn't perform it for them. I was just bored. I can perform for you some other time if you want." His eyes sparkled.
"Really?! Thank you!" he replied happily. I smiled and ruffled his hair. He just grinned cheekily.
"So what have you been up to?"
"Oh, I was just getting used to the things at a school. I can't believe that I'm actually at school. Thanks (Y/n), you made my dream come true." Those words...you made my dream come true...I hugged him. For someone to say that about me...
"Thanks Subaru." Zero cleared his throat.
"Oh um..."
"Subaru-kun! Class is starting!" someone called out.
"Already have some fangirls?" He sweatdropped.
"I-I guess...well, bye (Y/n), Zero-san. I'm off to class." He was dragged out by his new fangirls.
"Wow, he's that eager about going to school? Most people would be happy to be on holiday," Zero commented. I laughed.
"Well, it is his first time."
"I wonder who educated him then..." I sat down beside Zero and yawned. I leaned on his shoulder and fell asleep.

Zero's POV

I watched her as she slept. How could I deserve someone like her? I smelt blood. But the scent was gone a second later. Something was up, but I better not bother (Y/n) about it.

"(Y/n)-" Aido stopped when he saw her asleep.
"She's supposed to be in class," he whispered.
"Well, she's tired."
"Alright then, I'll just stay here since I'm bored." He sat down next to her. There was an awkward silence.
"Why aren't you going to class?"
"It's not fun without (Y/n)."

*sigh* I closed my eyes and attempted to rest until I heard a loud noise. I winced. Aido had gotten an electric guitar and tried to play on it. (Y/n) woke up and rubbed her eyes.

(Y/n)'s POV

"What was that?" I asked while yawning.
"Aido's attempt to wake you up."
"Aido?! Why aren't you in class?"
"Eh?! You're not mad that he woke you up?!" Zero asked, surprised.
"This usually happened when we were younger." Aido nervously laughed.
"I was bored without you, (Y/n)."
"Seriously?"
"Well, wouldn't you be bored without friends?"
"Yeah but you have friends."
"You're no fun," he said and pouted. I just laughed.
"Then how about going to a haunted house?"
"So you're into horror now?" Zero asked.
"No but it could get rid of our boredom."
"Another way is going to class," Zero exclaimed.
"Can't be bothered. Anyway, so are we going or not?"
"Of course!" Aido replied.

~When you arrive at the haunted house~

"Hey Aido, why...did you have to bring us to a real one?!"
"The fake ones are boring!" he exclaimed.
"But still, what if something happens to us?"
"Nothing will happen to you as long as I'm here," Zero replied.
"T-thanks...so what is the story behind this 'haunted house'?"
"About a decade ago, there was a family that moved in. They lived a normal life until one day, their son went missing. A fisherman came by and said that he saw their son by the river but he was pulled in by a hand. So they sent a search party to look for him but his body was never found. A few days later, their daughter went missing. The daughter suffered the same fate. The parents were extremely upset. While they were cleaning up their children's things, they went to the attic. There, they found the severed heads of their children. The parents had a night of restless sleep. They woke up in the middle of the night and heard a strange noise in the hallway. So they decided to go outside. They looked down the hallway and noticed that the noise was coming from the far end. They cautiously approached the end and died of a heart attack. Some say that what they saw were their headless children looking for their heads while others say that it was the witch/ghost that had killed them (the children). No one knows its true appearance. This is because whoever went inside has never come back and their bodies were never found. Some say they would hear weird noises at night in the house and others say they would catch a glimpse of the family's bloodied appearance in the windows," Aido finished telling the story. *gulp* I was afraid to go in there now.
"On second thought, let's go back."
"No way, you were the one that wanted to come here in the first place."
"I was referring to a fake one!" Zero squeezed my hand.
"I'm here with you." I smiled at him. We opened the door and went inside.

(A/N): Sorry about the sorta shorter chapter but I wanted to end it here