Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up from a dreamless sleep. Aido had fallen asleep in the chair. I gently woke him up.

"Can you please tell Kaname that I won't be attending class? I want some time to think." He smiled.
"Of course."

He left while I was getting my stuff. I went to the bathroom to have a shower and changed into skinny jeans with a comfy hoodie. *sigh* Should I just end my life here? I'll wait a while longer and see. I went downstairs and opened the door. Yuki was there.

"Uh, hello (Y/n). I was wondering if I could see Kaname-senpai..."
"I don't know what he's doing right now but I'm sure he'll have time for you since it's you." She smiled happily.
"Really?" she asked, a little hesitant.
"I'm certain, come with me."
"Thanks (Y/n)," she replied. She followed me to Kaname's room. I knocked on the door.
"Come in, Yuki. (Y/n), you may go," he answered from the other side of the door.
"Bye (Y/n), see you later," Yuki said.
"Bye Yuki."

I left and went outside. I walked onto a bridge and stared at my reflection in the water. I glared at myself. I've decided everything up till now. I grabbed a nearby pebble and pelted it over the lake, wrecking my reflection.

""Nice throw."

I turned around and saw Zero. I blushed slightly. I didn't forget what he did. There was an awkward silence that felt like it went for eternity.

"Are you alright?" he finally asked, breaking the silence.
"Yeah, I'm fine. How about you?"
"Fine, like you said," he replied. *sigh* I turned around and looked at the sky.
"Listen (Y/n), I'm sorry about yesterday," he started.
"Don't worry about it." He hugged me from behind.
"Zero?"
"(Y/n), I'm sorry."

He pointed his gun at my head. Guess they found out, now they had assigned Zero to kill me. I closed my eyes. He didn't pull the trigger.

"Zero, kill me." I opened my eyes and turned around to look at him. He was looking at me with hesitant eyes.
"Is something wrong? Nothing's going to go against you if you kill me, except for Aido's rage."
"It's not that..." He still hadn't let go of me.
"Am I really that comfortable to hold on to?"
"Uh, sorry."

He immediately let go. I decided to go back. I could feel him still staring at my back. *blush* What was happening to me? I've felt this once before...with (b/n). I could not be falling for Zero. I found this hard to believe. Suddenly, I heard movement to my right. I glared at the person.

"(Y/n)...it's only...me..." Yuki exclaimed. I immediately got rid of the illusion.
"What was that?" she asked then added, "I swear I just saw a war breaking out..."
"Sorry, it was an illusion."
"Cool, can you do that to anyone?"

I nodded. She asked if I could make her see all the places that she has always wanted to go to. *sigh* I did it without arguing. I started to get a headache but didn't show it. She was still admiring the beauty of my illusions, oblivious to the fact that it could also be dark and frightening.

"Thanks (Y/n), I had a great time."
"You're welcome."
"By the way, does Zero have feelings for you?" she asked, smirking.
"Huh? What makes you say that?"
"Well, whenever I see him, he's always around you, sorta like he's protecting you."
"That can't possibly be true."
"I think it is. Don't worry, I'll ask him."

She happily walked away. I facepalmed. I was about to walk away when someone jumped down from a tree and almost landed right on top of me. I stumbled and lost my balance. That person pulled me up and steadied me.

"Zero, were you eavesdropping?" He just nodded and sat down.
"Why?" I sat down next to him.
"I was bored and a little curious," he replied lazily. I rolled my eyes. *sigh* This new power was causing a lot of continuous headaches...
"Headache?" Zero asked. I nodded.
"Omg! It's someone from the Night Class!" Zero just glared at them. They immediately ran off.
"Thanks."
"Tch, they're just annoying."
"*chuckles* You can say that again."

I lay on his shoulder. He sorta tensed but got used to it. I sensed that something would happen, although I wasn't really sure what.

"Zero, I feel tired..."
"Go to sleep."
"Okay, see you later." I got up but he pulled me back down. I slammed onto his chest.
"Um...?"
"Sleep, you're tired."
"Zero, I can just go back to my dorm. You can-"
"I'm fine like this." He hesitantly wrapped an arm around me. I warmed up to his embrace and soon fell asleep.

Zero's POV

I watched as she fell asleep. Damn it, I couldn't get this feeling out of my head. What was she doing to me? I stroked her hair and closed my eyes. She has this thing about her that made my heart melt at her mere touch.

It was almost dark. I gently lifted her up and carried her to my room. I put her on my bed and lay down next to her. I wrapped my arm around her. *sigh*

She must be going through some mental strain. I wish I could help her. If only I could decide on my feelings already... She had a look of pain on her face.

"Shizuka...please stop. I didn't do anything wrong..." I held her closer.
"Zero...don't leave me alone..."

I promise I won't. She soon settled down. I smiled at how we used to hate each other. Now, I didn't even know what I felt about her. I wish I could take away her stress.

Why did Shizuka have to treat her like that?! (Y/n) did nothing wrong and yet, she received a load of unfair punishments... I think I love you, (Y/n).