Part 32

Avni finished editing her article and looked at the time. It was still five minutes left for the day in office to be over.

So, she thought of going through her article once more. She wanted to make sure it was good. She loved her work as an editor. She started reading through the lines and was almost finished reading when a knock on her door interrupted her.

'Come in!' She said without looking at the door. But as soon as she raised her eyes, they got stuck to the person standing in front of her. He was looking charming as ever and then he smiled at her.

Avni couldn't believe her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath and managed to utter a single word, 'Rohit!' She couldn't move from her place. It has been months since she last saw him. She was confused at his sudden appearance.

He walked towards her and said, 'Hey beautiful!' He winked at her but Avni just gave him a small smile. She already started feeling the urge to get away from him. She didn't want to face him. But she asked, 'What are you doing here Rohit?'

'I just came here to see you. Its been too long since we've met. So, I thought of visiting you.' He smiled and sat in front of her.

If this was to happen a few months ago, she would have been hugging and rejoicing to see Rohit. But now, when she was married, it was way too awkward for her after their little talk on the phone last time.

'I am good. And don't mind but who let you in? I mean, my personal assisstant don't let anyone in without my permission.' Avni said still sitting.

'She might have left I think. When I came here there was no one outside at your PA's desk.' He clarified and Avni made a mental note to take care of her PA the first thing in the morning.

'Okay! Don't mind but I think I should leave now. Its time for me to get back to my home.' Avni said standing from her place. She was panicking without any reason she knew but she wasn't ready for this encounter with Rohit.

'No, wait. I know why you married him.' Rohit said quickly coming to the point and Avni released her breath and said, 'It doesn't matter if you know the reason Rohit. The truth is that I am now married to Aditya.... I think you should also leave now.'

Avni was feeling uncomfortable around Rohit. She never thought that a day will come in her life where she will be uncomfortable around Rohit. But, now she wanted to escape this situation as soon as possible. All she wanted was to see Aditya and get away from here.

'No! How could I leave you now that I know why you married him. I know you love me so I am not leaving you now.' Rohit told Avni with finality.

Avni didn't like where this conversation was going. She said, 'I don't love you Rohit. I thought I loved you, but I don't and I am sorry for that,' She said.

'I don't believe you Avni. Come with me, you don't have to do all this. You don't need to pretend anymore.' Rohit said coming closer to Avni and she took few steps back.

Rohit saw her going away and he felt hurt but he soon recovered and continued, 'What are you afraid of? Tell me.' He held Avni's hand and Avni felt the need to jerk away his hand. But she didn't want to hurt him.

She already hurt him too much so she said, 'Please Rohit! No, I am not going anywhere.' Her cellphone rang and she didn't need to look at it to know that it was Aditya. She wanted to run away from Rohit.

Rohit got frustrated and raised his voice and said, 'Did you sleep with him or what?'

Avni's eyes widened for a second and she said, 'What? What did you say?' She felt anger generating inside about the fact that he had the audacity to ask her about her relationship.

'How dare you ask me? That's none of your business.' Avni shouted at him.

'You don't have to answer that. I got the answer anyway. I get it now why you don't want to come with me. He must be really good if you are acting this way.' He smirked at her and Avni felt her eyes started to well up. She hated herself for feeling so weak at the moment.

She didn't want to cry in front of Rohit but she couldn't believe he was the same man she thought about getting married to a few months back. She couldn't let him get the satisfaction to see her cry.

She controlled her emotions and said with a straight face, 'Actually, you know what Rohit? He is really very good. And not only in bed but also as a human being. I am happy about my decision and thank God I chose him, else I don't know where I would have been if I would have chosen you.'

She said those words and left him standing. She knew her words must have hurt him but she wanted to hurt him. She was seething with anger at his behavior. She wanted him to leave her but Rohit was not ready to do so.

Rohit stood there with clenched fists on both sides. He spoke as soon as Avni exited, 'I am not losing you Avni not this time.'

Avni came out of her office and rushed outside without looking or waiting for anyone. As she reached towards Aditya and entered inside the car she broke down and wrapped her arms around Aditya.

Aditya couldn't understand what happened. He was confused and worried about her sudden outburst. He asked Avni holding her to him, 'What happened precious?'

Avni said between sobs, 'Adi can we get away from here please?' Aditya tried to soothe her and without any question said, 'Okay, let's go.'

He made sure that her sobs subsided then he made her sit in her seat and held one of her hand in his. They drove away and throughout the drive Aditya never left Avni's hand.

He wanted to make sure she was alright. She was always the one who supported him and gave him strength. Today, she was looking so fragile which made him wonder the cause of her sadness.

The mere thought of someone hurting her, made his blood boil with anger. But then he needed to be calm and in control for Avni.

A/N- hello my precious readers!!! Did you enjoy this chapter?

Did you expect Rohit to show up like that?

Thank you everyone for voting reading and commenting. Every time I read your comments and receive votes I reach on cloud nine.

Keep supporting me like this and have a great and wonderful day! :)