Part 17

Avni was so furious that she didn't even stop to see if Aditya was following her. She marched to her suite and quickly shut the door.

She was breathing heavily because of the anger and frustration that built inside her.

Who does he think he is to boss me around. He is such a cold hearted caveman. She thought.

Then a knock came at her door. Avni knew that it was Aditya.

So she got up and opened the door and said, 'I told you not to come after me. What's your prob..' she paused and realized it was not Aditya who was standing at her door.

It was the same woman with the dark hair. What is she doing here. Avni thought.

But maybe she is not a stalker and she might be exaggerating so she asked her, 'May I help you?'

The woman gave her a small smile and said, 'My name is Sandhya. I just want to talk to you if you don't mind.'

Avni now became defensive and said, 'I don't think so. What do you want to talk about?'

Sandhya said, 'Look I am your friend and I want to help you.'

Avni crossed her arms and said,'If you wanted to talk you would have talked to me in the party like a friend but you were just staring and following which I don't think is a friendly act.'

Avni had the feeling that Sandhya's intensions were not good.

Sandhya sighed and said, 'I am sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I was just stunned to see Aditya with you.'

Avni frowned and said, 'What do you mean? Do you know him?'

Sandhya nodded and said, 'Yes I know him. I just wanted to say that you should stay away from him.'

Avni wondered what was the connection between Aditya and this woman and how she knew him. 'What do you mean that you were stunned to see him with me?' Avni asked.

Sandhya said urgently, 'Look Avni I don't have much time. You just have to listen to me and stay away from him. He is in the habit of ruining people's life. He'll ruin you too.'

Avni's anger emerged again and this time it was directed at this woman. Who does she think of herself to define with whom she should stay. All the feelings and frustration were now directed at her.

'Why should I listen to you? Aditya is my husband and I don't think your accusations are correct. So I suggest you to leave us alone. Because if you don't I am going to report your stalker act to the police.' Avni said to her.

'You are his wife! You are making a mistake. He should not be trusted. He will ruin your life.' Sandhya said sympathetically.

Avni folded her arms and said, 'How many times do I have to tell you to leave. Whatever it is you don't have to worry about me.'

'Alright I am leaving but if you want to talk or know what am I talking about, you should call me at this number.' She handed Avni a card in which her phone number was written.

Sandhya turned and was leaving but then looked back and said, 'Good luck Avni! I hope you'll call me.' Then she left before Avni could utter a word.

Avni held her head in her hands and sat on her bed. The whole day seemed like a bad dream. One minute she was furious at Aditya and the next she was defending him from the woman.

And how the hell that woman knew her name. She was so angry that she didn't even ask her.

If anybody would have been there to judge her he would think that she's crazy, she thought.

She was feeling so tired. She didn't want to think about anybody or anything. She didn't know what she would do now.
So she got up, removed her shoes and clothes and went to the shower thinking that it might relax her and relieve some of the tension.

All the things that Sandhya told her were rolling in her mind and she couldn't turn it off. She was feeling weak. Though she trusted Aditya but a part of her wanted to know what Sandhya was talking about. She was afraid what if everything she said was true.

Aditya entered inside the suite and heard Avni's voice. It seemed like she was crying.

Aditya became anxious at her voice. He knocked at the door and asked, 'Avni you alright in there?'

Avni heard Aditya's voice and realized that she was crying. She did not want Aditya to feel that she was weak. She stopped crying and quickly draped herself in her robe and came out.

Aditya was standing next to the door when Avni came out. He saw her eyes and understood that he was right to think that she had been crying. His heart sunk and he felt guilty. Avni averted her eyes from him and began to wipe her hair dry.

Aditya said apologetically, 'I am sorry for what I said Avni. I didn't mean to hurt you.'

Avni wanted to tell him he wasn't the only reason for her state but she was so tired that she didn't say anything.

Aditya came forward and said, 'I hate it that I am the reason for that look on your face. I just can't see you with any other man. I know I don't have the right but that's what I feel. I can't help it. I will try not to do that again.'

He seemed so honest and helpless both at the same time. Avni had to relieve him of his misery. She knew how difficult it was for Aditya to open himself.

This was a progressing step and she felt happy about it. She turned towards him with a smile and said, 'I forgive you Adi!' Then she encircled her arms around him and gave him a gentle hug.

'You know I love it when you call me Adi.' Aditya said wrapping her in his arms.

Avni chuckled and said, 'So do I. Would you sleep with me tonight? ' She asked him nervously.

Aditya looked in her eyes and said, 'Do you want me to?'

Avni nodded and said, 'I wouldn't have asked if I didn't. '

Aditya nodded and removed his coat and tie. Then he removed his shoes and sat on the bed. He took the towel from Avni and made her sit near him.

Then he wiped her hair gently and said, 'Talk to me. What are you thinking?'

'It had been a long day.. Adi you said before that you don't deserve me. Why did you say that?'

Aditya wasn't expecting this question but there was nothing about Avni that could be expected. She always did or ask unexpected things.

'I said that because there are things about me which you don't know.' He explained and kept the towel aside.

Avni laid down under the covers on bed and said, 'Do you want to tell me about it?'

Aditya joined her and said, 'Yes, I want to but not now. Give me a little time Avni?'

She nodded and shifted towards him. She placed her head on his shoulders and said, 'Alright but don't take too long.'

Aditya placed a strand of her hair at the back of her ear and said, 'Do you trust me?' Avni nodded. 'Then believe me when I say its not easy for me to tell you about it.'

Avni snuggled closer to him, closed her eyes and said, 'Okay. Take your time.'

Aditya started moving his fingers in her hair and this made Avni relax.

She was so tired of thinking about everything that it was soothing to lie in Aditya's arms. Soon she drifted off to sleep in his scent.

A/N :- hello everyone! This part is one of my favorite. I would love to know if you like it. Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to vote and comment.

Have a great day!!