Chapter Eight: First Kiss

A few months after your first date:

    "Miko," your groggy voice pierced the early morning silence.

    "What, Y/N/N?" he groaned into your mess of hair.

    "I can barely breathe," you gasped, patting his hands in an effort to get him to loosen his hold.

    "Oh, sorry." The King's arms let loose the tension they'd acquired in his sleep.

    "You had another nightmare, didn't you?" You twisted yourself around in his embrace to face him. He always held you tighter whenever he had one.

    "Mmm," he hummed as you reached up and brushed aside one of the two stray strands of his hair back in a delicate, reassuring touch.

    You wiggled your body upwards, causing Mikoto to moan again as you kept bouncing the bed, "Y/N..."

    "Shh," you responded before giving him a small, sweet peck on the nose, your own little way of reassuring your new boyfriend that everything was alright now. You never forced him to tell you about them. All that mattered was that you helped him shake it off.

    The man wrinkled it up then peeked open his eyes to see you giving him a big, child-like grin. How could one person be so cute yet so feisty?

    "Now, you gotta let me go for like two minutes. I'm really thirsty and I want water."

    You tried to pry yourself from Mikoto's strong grasp, but he would not let go.

    "Mikoto," you whined in his ear, "pretty please." You pouted up at him, turning up the cute factor exponentially.

    "You can wait." He wanted to see how you would react to his rejection (not to mention he just liked cuddling you as much as possible), and he was not disappointed.

    Your bleary eyes widened in disbelief, then you playfully swat one of his arms in chastisement, "You're so mean. I think you enjoy teasing me too much."

    Mikoto only gave you that normal lazy smirk of his before pulling you in closer to his person. You almost resigned yourself to the fact that you wouldn't have that glass of water anytime soon until...a devious idea dawned on you.

    Finding a drop of brazen bravery within yourself, you discreetly slithered your hands underneath his white shirt and danced your fingers up his side in a feathery motion, testing your theory. It was soon confirmed when the ever-impassive King squirmed beneath your touch, then glared a warning at you, cheeks starting to warm up a fraction.

    That action only succeeded in encouraging your attack even more, a giggle bubbling out of your lips when you saw his mad scramble to remove your fingers out from underneath his shirt. Who would've guessed the Third King, the one with the most violent temper and most infamous reputation, would be ticklish? Oh, the things you could do...

    He tried to scoot farther out of your mischievous reach, though he couldn't do it without falling out of the bed or pushing you off, neither of which he wanted to do. Meanwhile, your tickling increased tenfold, fingers going up and down on his sides at a rapid pace, causing a strange, unfamiliar noise to escape your boyfriend's lips unexpectedly: a laugh. Albeit a small, almost indiscernible one, but a laugh nonetheless.

    It incited you to snigger more at the man, "My boyfriend, the almighty Red King, is ticklish?! How adorable!"

    Oh, you'd never let him live it down.

    After a few more seconds of the silly torture, Mikoto managed to catch your slippery hands and yank them out of his shirt in one fast motion, pinning them up above your head in a vice-like hold while hovering over your person. That sure quieted you up in a hurry. You didn't bother struggling, either.