F O U R - H O M E

She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to a person.

–E. Leventhal

                         F O U R
                         H O M E

The golden orb that set the sky ablaze soon disappeared into the mountains. It was now a starless sky, a white circular being glowing behind the clouds. Now was the time for the ball I had to attend. I had gotten ready hours after the parade and now it was time to go.

My hair was tied up into a large bun with long pieces of hair at the each side of my head. Keria dressed me into a cream, off-the-shoulder dress, having intricate designs on it, that came to a halt at my ankles. Around my neck was a bronze necklace with intricate designs along with the earrings she placed in my earlobe. Additionally she gave me bronze, strapped-style high heels I thought were pretty.

"You'll look like a beautiful flower blooming when you spin!" Keria exclaimed while admiring Opal's work of art. Especially her own – the makeup she had done and my hairstyle.

I'd been told that the ball was being kept on the opposite side of the castle. I found out that it really was a castle when being escorted to the ballroom. It was the ghostly feeling when entering someone's home for the first time.

"Here we are, my lady," Rosaline stated as were at the bottom of the flight of stairs. Rosaline said Kyle was to escort me to the ball and we were supposed to meet at the stairs.

"Lady Aviana," Rosaline said, "I think it's best you avoid these people here. They'll be eager to speak with you and I know you wish not to speak to anyone. Additionally they aren't those you should associate with as they are focused on certain matters you wouldn't want to be involved with."

I took in what she said and nodded.

"Are you ready?" A velvet voice asked, making me jump. I turned around reflexively to meet with Kyle's being. Did he hear? Hopefully he didn't. I took note of his appearance. He was.. perfect. He looked like a man of royalty and that's what he was. I caught myself before he realized I was staring and I nodded. Kyle's arm slipped at the crook of my elbow and we started to walk up the stairs.

My eyes met with a ballroom adorned with a silver and golden theme. Couples twirling, spinning— and it slapped me in the face.

A wave of anguish crashed on me when I thought of the dance I went to where I fell for Eli. The dance, the sight of him, him..

I realized I had a pained expression when Kyle asked, "Are you alright?"

I shook my head to signify I was fine. I realized when I looked that way everyone was staring at me hence I feigned a neutral look. Kyle asked no further questions and we proceeded to enter fully. Cheers greeted us with their worried expressions fading away.

He guided me to a table that was reserved for us and a few others. The traits of being a gentleman came out more when he drew back the chair for me. I sat down and he pushed it effortlessly.

I looked at him questionably when he took up the glass and started to drink it. "I'm old enough if that's what you're wondering," he said after he took a few gulps. I nodded and started to look around.