T H R E E - S T R A N G ER

Why is it so easy to love a stranger, but so unbearably to love yourself?❞

K.N.

                                      T H R E E

S T R A N G E R

I didn't know how long I was there staring into space, thinking about who was going to be his next girlfriend. He would never have thoughts like 'she's not like Aviana' or 'she's not as good as her' because he wouldn't remember. He wouldn't remember anything. I was afraid she'd make him happier than I ever did.

I've imagined us breaking up but I never thought it'd be like this. There'll be no tragic loss because I was never there in the first place. Not only will I not be remembered by Eli but Charlie and everyone I ever knew.

I wasn't crying. Not a tear drop had glided down my cheeks. I thought I would be for an odd reason, I just couldn't cry. They just weren't spilling.

When I heard someone opening up the two way door, I cracked my eyes open a little and brought the covers closer to my face. He stood by the window and looked through at the landscape.

This boy..

..he was breathtaking..

When he turned around I admired his beauty. The tall slender physique of his body was just right with the muscularity in his arms and abdomen. He had eyes like oceans of liquid olive green which looked emerald in the sunlight. His lips were thin and pink as how any artiste would paint their portrait. His ears fitted his head perfectly. The naturally blond hair was how all boys wanted their hair to be nowadays. His creamy skin glistened by the rays that came from the window. When he spoke, his words came off like seductive whisperings which was so soothing to hear.

"How are you adjusting?" I turned on my right side which made him face my back so he couldn't see my staring. "Oh, that's fine I guess. I understand."

Why was I admiring his looks already when I just lost my boyfriend who doesn't remember anything about me?

"Do you want some food?" He asked softly. I moved my head side to side in response.

It was quiet for a moment. "You haven't eaten for two days and you've never stepped outside this room. Neither have you talked to anyone who came to see you. I'm really worried about you."

I didn't reply.

"There are people waiting for you to welcome you," he said. "It was suppose to happen yesterday but you didn't get out of bed. So you have to get out of bed today."

No answers from me.

The blond inhaled and exhaled deeply. He pulled the covers off my body and I kept a strong grip on it. I pulled it back but his strength dominate over mine. The sudden cool breeze brushed my body when he took it off. I was in a silk night gown I was given. He turned away to the door as if he saw nothing and called out. "Miss Fawn and Miss Ingrid, she's ready to get dressed."

Two ladies came rushing in. Their eyes twinkled at me and they smiled ear to ear. She clasped her hands together, bends and leaning while examining me. I got startled and stared at her.

She looked at me with fascination and pinched my cheeks. "Look at her! She's just beautiful!" The woman raked her hand through my hair and admired it.