Chapter 48

(((February 20, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
Parker, Hannah, Rick, Payson, and I were sitting in my living room talking on this cold February Saturday. Payson had came up from Vegas last night. It was good having all of us together; Hannah and I had made friends with Rick since the other night when he got here. Hannah and I made breakfast for the guys this morning, while they sat in the living room watching a movie that they had rented.

"Nick's going to be cooking for us this summer." Parker told Rick after he had commented on how good the food was.

"Mm." Rick nodded as he took another bite. "Good choice, man. She's a good cook."

"I'm going to be the nurse out there, too." I said.

"Yeah, she's going to be doing a lot of stuff out there. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, nursing, all that jazz." Parker said.

"You gonna get paid for all that?" Hannah asked me.

I smiled. "No, I don't need to get paid. Parker takes care of me."

"That's right, baby." Parker said to me.

"What are you gonna do while they're at the mine site, Hannah?" Payson asked.

"Stay here by myself, I guess." Hannah answered.

"Yeah, Parker's gonna keep paying the rent on this place while we're gone. We figured it would be easier than moving all our stuff out just to move it back in at the end of the summer." I explained.

"And we don't want to chance someone else moving in here." Parker added. "And we need a place to stay when we come back down to visit during the summer. So it's just easier to keep paying on this place."

"How long y'all gonna stay here?" Rick asked.

Parker looked up and smiled at me as I was sitting in his lap and he was leaned back in the chair. "Um, I don't really know. Figured we'd just stay here until we started looking for a house."

"And when's that gonna be?" Payson smirked.

I smiled. "When we start to get married."

"When's that gonna happen, Parker?" Hannah smirked.

Parker smiled and shook his head as he chuckled. "I don't know. Won't you worry about your relationship and let me worry about mine, okay?"

I laughed at Parker and Hannah.

Parker laughed for a second and then asked, "When are you gonna get married, Hannah? Payson?"

"Don't even go there, bro." Payson smirked. "We just started dating what, like two weeks ago?"

"Yeah, you and Nick have been together for a while." Hannah added.

I scoffed as I smiled. "Only three months. Y'all act like it's been years."

"Seems like it has." Hannah said.

"Hey, the only one that has a relationship longer than four months here is Rick. He's the one that we should be talking about getting married." Parker said.