Chapter 45

(((February 14, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
I woke up with Parker's arms wrapped around me, sleeping in my own bed in my own house for the first time in a week. His mouth was slightly open, and he was snoring. I swear, sometimes I don't know how I sleep with him snoring in my ear. I smiled up at him and shut his mouth. He moved around a little, and involuntarily pulled me closer. I rolled over on my back, trying not to wake him up. I reached for my phone beside me on the nightstand. I checked my messages; there was nothing really of importance, just Sammy and Hannah texting me. I ignored Sammy's text, and said good morning back to Hannah. I then rolled back over to face Parker. I smiled at his messy hair and his snoring. I put one finger under his chin and gave him a kiss. He then started to smile and kissed me back.

"That's a good way to wake up in the morning." Parker smirked.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled.

"What time is it?"

"Like 10:00 or so."

He closed his eyes and got back comfortable. "You ready to go?"

I smirked and got back under the covers with him. "Mmhm. Yeah."

"Okay, we'll go in a few minutes."

"Hmm. Okay." I smiled as he put his arms back around me, and we closed our eyes.

It was actually about eleven when we started getting ready to go. We fell back asleep. We got showers, got dressed, and ate a little cereal. Everything was already packed, because we didn't bother to unpack. We were out the door by 1:00.

"You know we're not going to be in Dawson until almost midnight, right?" Parker chuckled as we drove out of the driveway.

"Well, oh well. We slept late." I said.

"Yeah, we didn't go to sleep until like three." He smiled. "It was worth it, though."

I chuckled. "Yeah, thanks for the Valentines Day presents."

"It was only chocolates and a teddy bear."

"Yeah, but it was from you, so it was like the best Valentines Day presents ever." I smiled. "Here, you want a chocolate?" I asked as I was eating the chocolates.

"Yeah."

"Here, then." I said as I held out a caramel chocolate.

He opened his mouth for me to put the chocolate in his mouth. I chuckled as I set the chocolate in his mouth.

"Happy Valentines Day, Parkie." I smiled.

"Happy Valentines Day, babe." He said with his mouth full.

I turned the radio station and turned the volume up. I leaned the seat back, took my boots off, and put my feet on the dash. I grabbed my phone from my purse and started scrolling through. Parker was singing to the radio, singing the wrong words to make me laugh. I videoed it and put it on Snapchat with the caption "What we do on road trips. Silly boy. I love him though."

"So what are we doing once we get in Dawson?" I asked him.

"Well, I've got a few places with ground that I need to check out. Then we'll check on things at Scribner. Not much, really. Just the new grounds are spread out. It'll be a lot of riding."

"Well, I don't mind. I love to ride." I smiled.

"I love to ride when it's with you." He smiled as he grabbed my hand and and kissed it. "Love you." He looked at me and smiled.

"Love you too." I smiled.

How is it possible that I still get butterflies every time he smiles at me? I guess people get like that with the person they love. And I love my Parker so much. The way he smiles, talks, laughs, the way he holds me when he kisses me, the way he holds my hand just out of habit, the little things he does and says to me everyday, I love it all. I find myself smiling for no reason a hundred times a day, and I realize that I'm smiling because of him. I look at my bracelet and feel so lucky that I have him in my life.