Chapter 19

He stared calmly at me through the screen and began to speak.

"You know I think that you'd really support my proposal if you took a look at my facility. If you saw the kind of miracles we're performing here yourself, you'd understand. However, that didn't go so well with certain other people so I'm taking a more direct approach this time,"

"You see, I'm familiar with R.I.P. and you guys are good, there's no denying that. I mean if you weren't good you wouldn't have found the chip so there's that. However, I've got something better than R.I.P.

Agents trained at R.I.P. are the best of the best but you guys are all terribly predictable, not to mention disposable but you already learned that through my little present. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I don't have much time left but what you need to understand is that era of secret agents  is over. At least for you guys. I've got something better than any agent that your super top secret academy can spit out. You met a new and improved agent today.

And yes I know you've dismantled him but that was entirely planned because I needed you to find the chip. You didn't catch the other one, though, so that's how I know that they're better than you.

But I do need your help Agent Wynters. Just like the president has the nuclear codes I know the head of R.I.P. has the Continuum Files. I need those to finish my plans. This isn't a request it's more of a formality. Have those ready, you have 48 hours before someone else becomes... disposable. Maybe one of your other friends?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Any who, it's been a pleasure doing business with you. Have a nice day," he smiled and waved as the screen went blank and then returned to the laptop's regular screen background.

"What the fuck was that???" Blaire asked

"Hold on, something is wrong with the computer. It won't let me access the chip again," Sanaara said, typing lightning fast over the keyboard. Suddenly the screen went black again and a code screen appeared, denying us access to the computer altogether.

"The chip is overriding the computer

"The chip is overriding the computer. It won't let me access anything without the password," Sanaara tried to frantically figure out the password but after several attempts the computer shut down and led to another blank screen with the words 'tracking' in the lower left corner and a bar slowly loading on the right side.