Chapter 9

Eric's POV (pretty long chapter tbh)

"Are you sure you have someone to cover all of my classes?" I asked Charlee as I finished packing my suitcase, at the last minute, of course.

"Yes, I'm covering it Monday through Wednesday, and Blaire has the rest of the week," she assured me with a roll of her eyes.

"Well, can you make sure Ted doesn't eat any candy? That kid gets so hyper," I reminded her, and she sighed but nodded her head.

"Oh and remember to feed Bullet his puppy food and mix it in with some canned food because he's still having a hard time chewing his food with his little puppy teeth and-"

"Eric, I swear to god, leave already. I've got it handled," Charlee cut me off with an annoyed expression. I twisted my lips, unsurely. I was still worried about her. Not only about her safety but her overall health. She was very strong about everything, which I expected, but I didn't want her killing herself over this mission.

Lately, if I didn't remind her to eat or drink water, she would forget. She would go to sleep in the same clothes without thinking twice about waking up and going to work in them. She just sat in the patio with the files in her lap and muttering things or jotting information down in scrawls. Sometimes I felt that if I didn't bring her food or drag her into bed, she would stay outside forever.

"I know you've got it handled, but please try taking a break every once in a while, ok? I'll call you as soon as I land and try not to spend too much time on the patio. There's a lot of dog poop I haven't cleaned yet," I told her, hoping that would at least keep her away from the patio for a little bit.

"I will, you be careful. We'll be ok," Charlee smiled as she scooped up Bullet in her arms. I smiled at her, and after placing my suitcase on the floor, I engulfed her in a hug.

"I'm serious, be careful. If you hear anything suspicious, call Tiffany or Blaire or someone," I warned her. Sometimes I worried Charlee forgot to be more careful. She tends to have a lot of routines, which for an average person might be alright. However, for a target, habits can be dangerous. Anyone tracking you can learn where and what you'll be doing at a specific time.

"Can you please stop worrying already?" She asked, and I could hear the desperation in her voice, so I decided to let it go.

"Alright, the taxi should be here," I nodded my head, releasing her from my arms and placing a kiss on her head. She smiled and fixed my shirt before walking me out to the door with Bullet following closely behind.

"I'll be back in three days," I told her, dragging my suitcase behind me.

As I stepped into my taxi, the last thing I saw was Charlee closing the door with a smile on her face before I sped away. I couldn't help but feel the most intense feeling in my gut, warning me to stay.

.

.

.

.

"Please tell me you brought me my sleeping pills," Akio said as soon as I sat beside him on the plane. Crap, I knew I had forgotten something.

"I'm sorry, man. It slipped my mind. I'd say I'd hold your hand, but I'm not Lavender," I shrugged my shoulders. Akio, ever the tough spy he is, is deathly afraid of airplane take-offs and usually knocks out for at least the first hour. I was in charge of bringing his sleeping pills for him, but I forgot.

"It's fine," he muttered, but the look on his face told me it wasn't fine at all.

"Here, I have the files for this case," I told him, handing him the one thing I did remember to bring. Eager for the distraction, Akio reached over for the files and began going through them carefully.