FS 3Technology in the Learning Environment - EPISODE 3

EPISODE 3

See and Say (Utilization of Teaching Aids)

Name of FS Student:OKISHIMA, TRINITY AHNN SUMIYE G.

Course:                CPRT                                                                                                      Year & Section:                                               

Resource Teacher:          SHIRLEY G. PACLAR                                         Signature:                                          

Cooperating School:       TIBANGA SDA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL                                                                     

OBSERVATION REPORT

Date of Observation       OCTOBER 11, 2011                                                                                          

School:TIBANGA SDA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL                                                                                     

Subject:               Mathematics                                                                     Topic     Prime Numbers                               

Grade/Year Level             Grade IV                                                                                                             

                The students were having their review and the topic was all about Prime numbers. Before the discussion started, the teacher distributed smileys to the students which is made of colored “cartolina”. The smiley has 2 faces. The first side has a happy face and the other side has a sad face. The teacher also prepared small cards with numbers written on it. She posted a happy face and a sad face on the board. She instructed the students to guess every number that she will show to them, whether it belongs to the happy face or to the sad face by raising their smileys facing the sad face or the happy face. After every guess of the students, she posted those numbers on the board grouped into sad face and the happy face. All the students participated in the activity. After all the numbers were guessed, she instructed the students to guest the topic they are going to discuss. Those who will be able to guess will have points. The students were all motivated to participate and tried to guess, and some of them were able to guess.

After the activity, the teacher made a short explanation of what is prime numbers. Then she gave the students a written exercise after the discussion. The score showed that most of them got perfect. Only a few got a few wrong answers.