Chapter 2

I planned on sleeping for the flight, but I couldn't. I was in the inside seat with no one next to me. The plane was completely quiet and I still couldn't calm down to sleep even a few minutes. I spent my time listening to my I-pod and fiddling with my official BOTDF lanyard.

It came in the mail with a few other things, including one of the new t-shirts. I never left my seat so when the flight attendant told us to fasten out seat belts, I simply sat straight up and stared out the window at the ground that was approaching us extremely fast.

When I was younger, I had a severe problem with heights, but I have learned to handle it. I still get a little queasy and uncomfortable, but I can handle it. I swear.

The tires made contact with the ground and in that moment, I closed my eyes praying I lived long enough to meet the band. The plane slowed to a stop and I still couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes to find the guy from before leaning down to me.

"Are you ok? You look a little pale." I smiled at him and undid my seat belt.

"Just a nervous flyer. I'm fine." He helped me up and pulled my bag down for me. I looked around and only a few passengers remained on the plane.

"My name's Josh by the way." He smiled at me. I smiled back and reached for my bag. He pulled it from me and slung it over his shoulder. "And you are?"

"Catie. Now can I have my stuff? I don't want to be late."

"I got it. Lets go." He gestured for me to go first and I stepped out in front of him from the row of seats. Josh walked with me and helped me navigate my way through the chaos of the air port. He refused to let me stand alone.

"You know I'm not a little kid right? I can stand here by myself."

"It could get lonely." I looked up at him and laughed. He had the stupidest grin on his face. He looked away from me and smiled. "Your rides here." I turned to find Jayy walk through the doors. I looked up at Josh and opened my mouth, but no words came out. He looked over at Jayy and called out to him.

"You looking for this one Jayy?" Jayy smiled and jogged over.

"Depends. What's your name cutie?" Jayy asked smiling down at me.

"Catie," I stuttered out and he laughed and scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. I let out a scream and tried to move.

"Come on Josh," Jayy sang out, "Lets get going." I looked at Josh confused. He smiled at me and grabbed my suitcase that I dropped when Jayy picked me. 

"What is going on?" I asked as I looked around and saw almost everyone in the airport staring at me.

"I'm their new tour manager." Josh smiled up at me. Jayy was about 6'3" and Josh may be tall, but nothing compared to Jayy.

Jayy sat me down as soon as we got outside to the pick up lane. He waved over to my left and I looked over to find a long black hearse pulling up next to us. The windows were tinted and I looked concerningly at the passenger door. A few seconds later, the window rolled down and Dahvie was leaning across the center console. 

"Welcome aboard." Dahvie tipped his hat to me and I smiled and waved at him. He rolled the window back up as Jayy ushered me to the back of the car. He opened the french style doors and I couldn't believe it. They tricked the hearse out like a limousine inside. I started to laugh as I climbed in. I couldn't believe it. LED lights hung from the ceiling and everything was so colorful and the seats were all furry.

Jayy and Josh put my things in the car and climbed in. Josh sat down next to me and Jayy took the seat across from us. We chatted for awhile until Dahvie stopped and yelled at us to get out. Well, I didn't do much chatting but they did. I was still a little nervous and Jayy and Josh can be a bit much to handle at the same time.

I climbed out of the car to find that we were in a storage lot and there stood their tour bus. Dahvie through his keys at one of the security and they all three climbed into the bus, leaving me star struck outside the bus. I still couldn't believe what was happening.