Chapter 3 (Edited)

I was finally able to settle down a few hours after we were on the road. In that time I learned that Josh normally wouldn't be traveling with them, but it was the first tour he put together for them, so he wanted to make sure everything ran as smoothly as it possibly could. I also met Jayy and Dahvie's bodyguards. I had to hold back my laugh when I saw Jayy's. Dahvie's bodyguard was a tall, well built man with a beard any one would kill for. On the hand, Jayy's was very slim and I stood taller then him. Thinking back on the whole thing, I realized that I couldn't remember their names and I shifted uncomfortably realizing that I was going to look like an idiot If I couldn't remember.

Just as I felt like sinking into the very colorful couch I was sitting on, my phone buzzed in my lap. I picked it up to find a picture message from my mom. I laughed at the sight of Erin and Blue sleeping, holding onto the same toy. 

"Hey! No fun unless I'm invited!" Dahvie flopped down on the couch next to me.

"It's just my puppy," I say as I hand him my phone. The smile that spread across his face could bring anyone to tears. Even knowing so much about him and knowing how...."mature" Dahvie can be, he still had this child like innocents about him. He seems to always have this "kid in a candy shop" look on his face.

"Catie? You there?" I blinked a few times before I realized I had been blatenly staring at him.

"Sorry." I let out a nervous laugh. "I just love your smile." Dahvie smiled again and reached around me to grab an envelope laying in the window sill behind me.

"You said the same thing when I first met you," he said as he handed me the envelope. It was crinkled and showed signs of age. I looked down at it and recognized my hand writing. I smiled and slide the paper out and recognized the torn, tattered letter. As soon as I lay eyes on the small doodles on the side I could remember the day I wrote it. I was in psychology and got yelled at for not paying attention.

"I...you..you kept it." I glanced up at him and found the same child like smile. "Dahvie. I wrote this six years ago." I ran my hand over the small Hello Kitty drawing my friend Bay drew.

"Almost seven. Our Iowa date is the same it was seven years ago." I leaned back into the couch staring at my words.

"You kept it," I whispered. Dahvie gently took the paper from me and put it back.

"That envelope hasn't moved since then. Well, besides from the million times Dahvie has read it." Jayy had appeared out of no where. "By the way Dahvie, It's your turn."

"Lets kill some zombies!!" Dahvie pranced off to where their Xbox was set up. I sat silent for a few minutes remembering that night. It was amazing and emotional. I glanced up at Jayy as he cleared his throat.

"We have a long drive ahead of us. Our first concert isn't until the day after tomorrow. Why don't you settle down and relax or nap. Bunks are in the back. Your stuff is in yours." Jayy slowly walked across the bus and started rummaging through the fridge. 

"Thanks. For everything." Jayy tried to say he had nothing to do with Dahvie's decision to hire me, but I just told him to say your welcome and walked away as he laughed. I passed by Josh reading a book and Dahvie and the big bodyguard playing CoD: Zombies. I managed to climb into one of the top bunks and closed the curtain. I listened to the boys bicker as I drifted to sleep. My dreams coming slowly.

                                                                                              ~~~

I threw my hands out in front of me to protect myself and slammed my hands into something. I let out a scream in pain and someone began shaking me. I opened my eyes to find Josh standing outside my bunk, curtain pulled back, holding my arms. I let out a sob and closed my eyes trying to breath.

"Catie. You need to breath. Shhhh it's okay. I'm right there." Josh put his hand on my head. I wasn't sure if it was to check my temp (my clothes were soaked in sweat) or help calm me down. I slowly opened my eyes and Josh smiled a little. He slowly let go of my other arm and rubbed the hand prints he had left. "I'm so sorry. You were thrashing and I didn't want you to hurt yourself even more." I slowly sat up a little and slide out of the bunk to stand on the floor. Josh guided me, not wanting me to fall.

I looked passed Josh to find Jayy and Dahvie staring at me conceringly. Their game paused. I slowly made my way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I had hit myself in the face, a small red mark on my cheek slowly growing in size. My hands aching as a few spots bled from when I guess I punched the wall. I began rubbing my wrists, hoping the fingerprints would dissipate sooner then later.

The door to the bathroom opened slowly and Jayy slowly stepped in closing the door behind him. He stood by the door as I began opening cabinet doors, finally finding what I was looking for I held it up to him. He nodded and I pulled a makeup remover rag from it's case. I slowly wiped away my tear streaked makeup. "Who was it?" His voice was soft, but there was a stern undertone. He wasn't going to let me get away with this one. 

"Me." My voice cracked and I coughed a little. I had screamed in my nightmare to get off me and in my nightmare, it was me holding me down, cutting my flesh open. Jayy moved to stand next to my, his back to the mirror as I stared into it. He reached across my chest and grabbed my shoulder, pulling me to lean on him and I did.