Chapter 1 (Edited)

I clicked my nails against the cold counter as I waited for a text. This single text would change my life. Would I get a spot on Blood On The Dance Floors tour bus?

My phone started to buzz across the counter and it was in my hand before it could finish. I opened the text message to find an unnamed contact. I didn't have to look to long at the number to realize who it was. 

"Hey Catie it's the great Dahvilisious. Please keep my number private. I just wanted to say that I'm excited for you to join us on tour and please pack for all weather. Welcome aboard and get ready to parteeeey :D " I let out a scream and jumped from my chair, scaring my puppy awake.

"So sorry sweetie. Go back to sleep." I sat down next to her and dialed my mother's number.

I opened my eyes and smiled to myself. I jumped from my bed and practically ran to the bathroom. I showered and did my hair and make up in under an hour. I glanced at my phone to find it was only 8 am. I opened a text from Dahvie saying that he had everything taken care of and all I had to do was get my ass on the plane. I darted from room to room grabbing things I wanted to take with me. My puppy followed close by and pranced behind me as  I packed like a mad woman. I stuffed more clothes in my poor suitcase then I thought was ever possible.

About 20 minutes into packing, my doorbell rang and Blue, my puppy, howled and skidded through the apartment to get to the door. I laughed as I walked after her and she grabbed a toy, still barking, making her barks muffled.

She was only 7 months old, but she picked up my mom's dog's habit of presenting a toy to guests. I gently pushed Blue out of the way and opened the door to find my mom looking back at me. 

"Hey sorry I'm late. I know you wanted to leave early, but Erin had to potty half way here." I hugged my mom as Erin, her black lab, wiggled through the door and attacked Blue. She wasn't vicious, but she loved to jump and play when she was excited.

"Thank you soo much for taking care of Blue. I know dad doesn't like her so I thought you could come here." I smiled and walked to bedroom as my mom began to complain about the mess. My mom was a cleaner. She cleans everything and I knew when I called her that I would come back to a spotless house and a pampered pup.

"When are you leaving? Make sure you text me when you land so I know your okay."

"My flight leaves at one. I'll get to L.A. at about 4."

"You better get going or you won't make it to Chicago in time." I grabbed my things and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Love you mom. Bye Blue!" I made my way to the car and started on my way. I popped in a mix CD and proceeded to sing and dance as I drove.

                                                                                              ~~~

I clutched my bag to my body as if it was my life line. I had 15 minutes till I was to board my plane and I couldn't sit still. I had tried sitting down, but my nerves were through the roof. Dahvie had given me all the information I needed to get myself to L.A. and had someone scheduled to pick me up. I gazed out the window remembering how I never thought I'd get the job. 

I had heard they needed a new merch girl and contacted them through Facebook. Shortly after I received an email from them saying that they were deciding in a few weeks who they were going to hire. Being who he was, Dahvie decided to text everyone who applied.  I watched hundreds of posts fly across their Facebook page on my computer about not getting the job. That's when my phone went off.

"First call for flight 382. Please.." I looked down at my ticket, screaming a little on the inside when I saw my flight number and rushed to the gate. I was second in line and I still wanted to be closer. The faster we get on, the faster I get there.

I looked impatiently around the person in front of me and saw 3 flight attendants talking.

"You look excited." I looked up to see an unfamiliar face staring at me. He was a little taller then me with black hair. I just stared at him as he laughed. "First time going to L.A.?" I straightened up a little as he turned toward me.

"Umm yea. I'm heading to meet a band. I'm their new merch girl." He looked as if he was amused.

"Cool. What band?" I looked away from him a little nervous. Not many people liked Dahvie and Jayy. "Come on. I've worked with a lot of bands. I have probably met them."

"Blood On The Dance Floor," I stuttered.

"They are amazing guys. Just wait until you see their bus. It's huge." I looked back to him and smiled. "Good luck. Maybe I'll see you some time." He turned back around in time to hand his paper work to the lady and continued to the plane. 

I wanted to run to my plane and run to my seat but I had to be an adult. I needed to stay still long enough for the lady to check my things. I found myself speed walking to the plane, almost unable to control my excitement. This was going to be a loooong flight.