Chapter 6

I was awoken by loud knocking on the front door. I groaned and snuggled into Harry more who pulled me closer. I smiled realising we had fallen asleep together. Then I blushed, realising he had taken his shirt off.

The knocking continued and I furrowed my eyebrows. Where were my brother and my father? I stood up when the knocking continued. Did the people not realise maybe no one was home?

I stood up, untangling myself from Harry who rolled over, mumbling nonsense. I giggled before heading downstairs, announcing I was coming. When I opened the door, I gasped, jumping slightly.

Two policemen stood at the door, warm smiles on their faces.

"Hello young lady, we were just wondering if we could sit and talk for a moment?" The younger one asked nicely.

"Of course," I said, gesturing them to come in and closed the door behind them. They took a seat on the couch, making themselves comfortable.

"One second please," I said, quickly jogging upstairs. I slapped Harry on the back, making him jump up in surprise.

"Put a shirt on, the popo are here," I said, picking up a note on my bed side table. The note was from my father saying he and Jake went to get groceries.

Harry threw on a shirt, before heading downstairs with me. The policemen looked at Harry with squinted eyes and I furrowed my eyebrows. It reminded me of how the other policemen from the other night had told him to stay out of trouble.

"Are your parents home?" The older policemen asked.

"Um, no my dad's not home, but he should be very soon, he left me this note, about an hour ago," I said, handing him the note.

He nodded, "We'll get started anyway. Do you guys know this man? He goes by John Dolen," he said, showing us a photo.

Harry's arm snaked around my waist and pulled me into him.

"It was me who beat him up," Harry said. The policemen stood up, one of them pulling cuffs out. My eyes widened and I jumped up.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"We have to take him in to custody for assault," The younger policemen said.

"No! Listen to the story!" I said, practically forcing him to sit down.

"I'm going to need you to calm down ma'am," The policemen said.

"And I'm going to need you to let him go," I snapped right back. The policemen gestured for the other one to let Harry go, and I quickly shoved myself into his arms.

"I was walking home from school when I tripped in front of an alley. The man grabbed me and dragged me in the alley. He started... touching me. Anyway, Harry came and he saved me. He was doing nothing but protecting me," I said hurriedly, "You have to believe me," I whispered.

The policemen looked at each other, mentally debating. Just then my father started to walk in, groceries in hand. When he saw the policemen he dropped the bags.

"Tell them dad, tell them it's true. They don't believe me!" I said hurriedly.

"What is going on?" My dad said angrily.

"We are aware your daughter may have been molested by the man John Dolen and Harry here saved her. Do you know if that's true?" The policemen said seriously.

"Yes, that is true. She came home with torn clothes and Harry told me the story. I don't care what people say about this young man, I believe him. My daughter practically loves him, but if he had done anything to her or anyone else for the wrong reason, she would've said so," My father said just as seriously.