Chapter 20

"Did all of that really happen?" Harry whispered. I looked over at him. We were at my apartment now, because Caiden had fallen asleep at Anne's. It was funny to see Harry's shocked face when I invited him over. I would have invited the other boys, but I think it seriously just needed to be Harry and I. There were some things we needed to talk about.

I felt bad about how I pretty much met the boys. They probably looked at me as some girl who craves attention, or is just psycho. I would make it up to them later, meet them properly. But like I said, Harry and I needed to talk about a few things first.

"Do you think I would make those things up, Harry?" I whispered. I wasn't angry he asked. I knew how he was feeling. He didn't want to believe it happened to me. I knew because I had gone through it too. He shook his head and looked at his fingers, fiddling with them.

"It's all my fault," He whispered, setting his head in his hands. I sighed, I shouldn't have told Harry that. Maybe Zach was his cause but even then it wasn't. I went and sat down next to him on the couch and grabbed one of his hands.

"I'm sorry I said that," I whispered, setting my head on his shoulder, "It wasn't your fault Harry. You didn't know that my family was going to... Anyway, or that Zach was going to do what he did. And actually you were trying to prevent it. And even though it didn't really succeed, you still tried and it means a lot, Harry, really," I said, rubbing soothing circles on his hands.

"Please don't blame yourself," I said, looking up at him. I blushed when I realized how close we were, my nose not a centimetre from his. I looked down at his lips and immediately remembered how they felt on mine.

Harry started to lean in and for a second I let him. But just as his lips were going to touch mine I turned my head, making his lips meet my cheek. I dropped his hand a scooted a bit away. It wasn't that I didn't love him or didn't want to get back with him. But I wanted to take things slow and focus on Caiden.

"I should get going," Harry said, standing up and walking over to Caiden on the chair. He kissed Caiden's forehead before nodding at me and leaving.

I groaned and threw my head back. I sighed, walking over to where Caiden was laying asleep on the chair and picked him up. I walked to my bedroom and set him down on the bed. While I was getting dressed, my boss texted me saying I needed to be in the studio tomorrow.

I smiled, I loved working for Chris. I was a dancer on the side. He was a very popular man that was known for the dancers he recruited. He got payed loads of money to let his dancers perform somewhere, and the dancers get 32% of what he gets payed. So its a really good deal. In the last two years I have danced for very popular celebrities.

Chris' dancers don't always all go in. He has certain dancers go in when he gets proposed a different opportunity. It depends on the opportunity. Some of the dancers are more classic, some more hip hop, like me for example. I loved dancing because it was one of the few things that set my mind to ease. Relaxed me. But book editing would always be my first love. And the two jobs were surprisingly easy to work around each other and Caiden.

I went into the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV to animal planet. I sighed, shoving a spoonful into my mouth thinking about what happened with Harry. I was beyond happy what I thought was, wasn't. Especially that he'd done nothing with any of the girls. It filled me with guilt that I was so quick to think of my own story, but you couldn't blame me.

But I should've known Harry wasn't that kind of person.

I didn't know how I was going to be able to stay away from him physically. He had gotten so much more beautiful. The way he styled his hair back instead of its usual droopy curliness did things to me. He was taller, which sucked for me because I didn't grow at all.