Chapter 18. Pranks and Pens ✔️

I wake up to my cousin shaking me. "Skylar. Get up. We have to get ready for school."

I nod my head and open my eyes. "I'm sorry about last night Avery." I say.

She smiles at me. "I know. It's okay." Then she walks out.

I roll out of my bed and go to my closet. I honestly don't care how I look. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

I grab a pair of purple shorts and a white and purple Peter Pan t-shirt. I grab underwear, a new towel and go into my bathroom.

I turn the shower on and start my routine. I'm out and dressed by 7. I throw cover up on my scars and grab my purple high tops.

Avery comes into my room. "Hey it's my turn to drive so we have to leave in five."

I nod my head and grab my folder and throw it in my bag. I grab my wallet and phone and follow Avery outside to her car.

I slide in the passenger seat. Avery starts the car and we go to Ashley's house. Once we pick her up we go to school. It's a Monday. We are all tired and don't talk much.

I break the silence. "So do you guys know Dylan Parker?" I ask.

Avery's head snaps in my direction and Ashley starts choking on her water. I look at them with raised eyebrows. "Yeah we know him. He's the football quarterback. He also hates the guys and the guys hate him." Av asks me.

"Why?" I ask her.

She shrugs her shoulders. "He's a douche bag." Ashley says from the back.

"Why are you asking?" Avery asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. I met him a couple of days ago at the café and saw him yesterday with Rylee. I don't know anything about him so I was just wondering."

She nods her head. "Okay. He is bad news Skylar. Stay away from him if you can."

Once we get to school I leave my friends to go to my locker and then to the office to get my ID number.

I reach my locker and open it up. Suddenly I feel someone standing next to me. I put my book in and shut it. "Hey Skylar." He says to me.

I smile. "So, why are people telling me to stay away from you because you're a douche?" I ask Dylan.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Jealously I guess."

I roll my eyes and start to walk away from him. He catches up to me. "Okay. Maybe I've done some stuff I'm not proud of." He says to me.

I look at him and laugh. "You and me both." He smiles at me.

We walk to the office and I walk in. "Skylar! Welcome back!" The secretary says to me.

I smile at her. "Thanks. I was wondering if you had my ID number?"

She nods her head and types into her computer. The warning bell goes off. Dylan is still here. "12928." She says to me. I scribble it down and thank her. Dylan and I leave.

"You're going to be late for class." I say to him.

He rolls his eyes and smirks at me. "Who cares."

I roll my eyes at him but couldn't help but chuckle. "So Skylar. I was wondering." He says.

We stop in front of my class. I can see everybody but I ignore them. I look back at Dylan. He is nervous and is scratching the back of his neck.

"Spit it out Parker. I don't have all day." I say to him.

He nods and breathes. "Well opening game is this Friday and there is always a party after. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" He says.