chapter 2

Zane's ¨POV¨

The weekend was over and we had school today. Did I mention I hate it? I hate it because instead of sitting in that stupid class all day and doing nothing I could be working at the beautiful strip club. Yeah you heard me right I work at the strip club, I absolutely love it and I’m still a virgin. It’s not that I am ugly or something I’m just saving myself for the right person to come and love me.

I was pulled out of my head ranting with Charm jumping on me. ¨Wake up sleepy head! It’s time for school!¨ she sang in my ear. Well more like screamed. ¨Charlotte it’s too early to be this happy, ¨ I grumbled under my breath, threw her off me and rolled over pulling the covers higher over me.

¨Jeez! Someone woke up on the wrong side off bed today! Besides its like 7.30 and I don’t want to be late for our first day of high school! ¨ She said and pulled open the window to annoy me and get some fresh air in. That woke me up in an instant. ¨Why couldn’t you wake me up sooner?! Charm I really don’t understand you sometimes,¨ I mumbled the last part under my breath and jumped out of bed. She just shrugged her shoulders and I went to bathroom to do my morning routine.

Ten minutes later I came out of bathroom with only a towel on ¨Cant you put on your clothes in the bathroom Z?¨ Charm asked. ¨I know your enjoying the view! Don’t even try to deny it!¨ I teased her, but she only rolled her eyes at me, saying to hurry up.

I trudged down stairs and grabbed a pop tart. Charm was right behind me reaching out to take her own. ¨Good morning kids!¨ mum said a little too happy. ¨Morning Cam!¨ Charlotte greeted my mum and smiled. Now there are a few things you should know about Charm. She practically lives with me and my mum. And she is like a second child to my mum.

¨What are those big goofy grins, on your faces for?¨ I asked suspicious. ¨Zany it’s our first day off high school, you should at least pretend to be happy!¨ Charm giggled. ¨You mean hell Charm, right? And besides what’s the point in pretending to be happy, when you are clearly not?¨ She scowled at me and rolled her eyes. ¨Who stole my happy little boy from me so I can go and kick his ass?!¨ mum said ¨I think he is related to Grinch Cam!¨ Charm exclaimed. Mum fake gasped ¨That would explain why his father was never fun! One of many reasons why I left him,¨ mum said and shrugged her shoulders. ¨I am not related to fucking Grinch!¨ I grumbled. Mum looked at me sternly ¨Language young man!¨ she warned me whit a smile on her face which she could barely hold in, while Charlotte was laughing her ass off. Finally mum couldn’t contain herself anymore so she too started laughing her ass off. I followed soon enough.

My mum was never strict, She was more like a sister or a best friend to me. She didn’t have many rules and she would rather give me an advice about something’s then order me around telling me what to do. Also one of too many reasons why mum and dad broke up. She was open minded about everything and she was very acceptable about almost anything. She was like a hippie and as free as a bird. But she had built her own company and when you knew her personality you would think she travelled around the world saving plants from being destroyed. Well I can’t say she didn’t. When she was in college and high school she would chain herself to a tree and wait there as long as she had to. Just to save the stupid tree. My mum was insane but I loved her none the less.

After we stopped laughing me and Charm said our goodbyes to mum and left to school. ¨Be safe kids! Oh and have fun! Especially you Zane!¨ She called after us.

We arrived ten minutes late and hurried to our lessons. I looked at my schedule ¨What do you have first Z?¨ Charm asked and peered over my shoulder. Maths! I hate this hell hole and it doesn’t help to have the most torturing class for first period! ¨Maths,¨ I said exasperated. She giggled, unlike me she loved school and maths was one of her favourite subjects. ¨Cool, which teacher?¨ she chirped. I looked at her funny ¨Mr. Bird,¨ She was jumping up and down like a maniac. ¨Me too! Let’s go before we are even more late,¨ She said and skipped down the hall. ¨Do you even know where are you going?¨ I called after her. ¨Of course!!!¨ She yelled back so sure of herself.

Ten minutes later we were completely lost! I bet we went through the whole school about three times! ¨Charlotte I will kill you for this!¨ I hissed at her annoyed. She just looked at me whit her puppy dog eyes and a quivering bottom lip. ¨Knock it off, ¨ I groaned and gave in. We heard a chuckle behind us and quickly spun around. There he was. The most beautiful man I ever saw. ¨You might catch flies if you don’t close your mouth, you know,¨ he snickered. I blushed a bright red and looked at the floor. I never thought the tiles were so interesting till now. ¨I’m Brian. Hanner, your music teacher. And I am very curious as to what are you two doing in the hall between classes?¨ he asked clearly amused at us. He didn’t look like a teacher to me. He had this laid back atmosphere around him. ¨We got lost sir,¨ Charm answered him. ¨Is that so? What class do you have now?¨ He asked suspicious. ¨We have maths whit Mr. Bird, sir, ¨ I said this time. He looked at us in pity ¨So maths huh? Whit Mr: Bird. Poor you even if you were an excellent student he would lower your mark to a C-. That old bat. You are probably freshmen’s, ¨ Charm looked at him really funny ¨Yes Mr. Hanner, ¨ he looked annoyed ¨Oh would you stop whit being so polite just call me Brian,¨

He said and we walked down the hall. ¨I hope this is the last time I ever see you two late and wandering around the halls,¨ He said and snickered ¨Now I won’t tell anyone that you are late so you won’t have detention, but you got to promise you won’t tell anyone what I said,¨ Me and Charm looked at each other and nodded with the biggest grins on our faces. ¨You are the best damn teacher ever Brian!¨ We exclaimed and he just laughed at us.

We were standing in front of a door that had written Maths in big bold letters. Brian opened the door and all eyes landed on us.