Miss A Meeting

It was 7:37 in the morning. Lauren could hear his heart beating as she traced her fingers over his stomach; which fluttered to the the beat of a hummingbird's wings. She moved closer as he unconsciously rubbed her back, intent on lulling her to sleep.

The blankets shuffled and the bed creaked as she lay her head on the crook of his arm where his shoulder met his neck. She placed butterfly kisses on his pulse and moved up around his face, then placed a final kiss on his nose. Unaware of his consciousness, she placed a final kiss on his right cheek, then placed herself to her position near his heart, and dozed off once more, thinking: "Missing one meeting won't hurt"

He opened his eyes and winced at the light which streamed through the cracks of the dark brown blinds. The light reflected onto her face, and he saw her vulnerability.

Light snores could be heard as she slept on his chest, and her face portrayed a neutral expression as she dreamed, her worries of studying as well as personal relationships temporarily fogotten.

Her dark hair cascaded in waves and portions around her face and spilled onto his body. It wasn't uncomfortable, he decided. With her face free of makeup, he thought she looked as beautiful as ever. She's always beautiful.

But that's not why he fell for her. She was smart. She was someone he could hold a conversation with. She may not seem like it, but her sense of humour can brighten his day. (As well as her old fan account on twitter, but that's a different story.).

Whenever she twirls the end of her hair when she's flustered makes him want to run his fingers through the soft locks.

As she blushes with no explanation except for an offhanded compliment, he wants to kiss her hard and give her a reason for blood to rush to her cheeks.

With a sigh, he carefully sits up and gently moves a pillow to replace his body. He watches as she drapes her body over the warm pillow and breathes his scent in. He smiled. Looming over her figure, he placed chaste kisses on her forehead, cheeks, nose, then finally places a long awaited peck on her lips, lingering and memorizing the feel of them before moving towards the bedroom door.

Lauren is often overlooked.

But as Zayn stares lovingly at her sleeping figure draping over the feathered case protectively, he wonders why.