Coloured Hearts || Zayn Malik

She was shaking, only noticeable to herself, she thought. She messed up. Hiding where she thought no one could find her, she sat on the garden bench and buried her head in her arms. Anxiety clawed into her and sent waves of nausea through her.

She was typically a good hider. When she was wanted to be alone, she could. No one would bother her. She was ordinary to the eyes of many. She was an ordinary girl with an ordinary job. She was a wallflower.

But not to Zayn. He came into the old tea shop she worked in one day, sat down and took a glance around the room. What he saw was not ordinary. He saw a beautiful girl with a beautiful smile and when their eyes locked, he was hers.

And eventually, she was. He was hers and she was his.

But he was a lot of peoples. He had people all over the world who needed him and she was fully aware of that. She was aware of the power of his fans, hell, she is one of them. But she was not aware of the pain their words would cause her.

She could hide. For a long time. Never from Zayn. Within 15 minutes she was found, tears streaming silently down her face and onto her hands. Zayn wordlessly sat down next to her and gathered Lauren in his strong arms as she wept.

For a while.

He peppered kisses onto her face and onto the top of her head when she had the courage to look up at him.

"You've never been plain. Maybe, the first time I saw you, you might have been. With your black jacket and leggings and all. But then you opened up your mouth, you know? I knew you were gonna be the one to cause me a bit of trouble. But I guess it was gonna be worth it. Yeah. Maybe to the media or everybody else you're ordinary. But they don't know you like I do. They don't know that you had a fan account on twitter,"

At that statement, she smacked the back of his head and giggled a bit. He shook his head and continued,

"They don't know that you hate reading. Or that when you talk, I hear the angels sing, yes, before you interupt I know how cliché and cheesy that is but it works."

At this point Lauren had stopped crying. He stood up and offered her his arm. He walked her to the center of the park's garden. He spun her around and put her forehead against his so that their eyes met.

"You, may think you are plain. The whole world may think you are plain. But you are every colour of the rainbow."

She brought her eyes down to the tattoos on his arm. Tracing them, she chuckled and whispered,

"I love the one with colours on his arms." her teary eyes met his, filled with love and warmth.

"I love the one with colours in her heart." with that, he bent down and their lips met. Though their eyes were closed, all they could see were colours.