Ch. 10: Gifts/Blind Date Gitters

Chapter 10

            A few days later, Alex started to panic.  Tonight was her blind date with this guy that Danielle hooked her up with.  Alex got the day off, but she tore into her closet at her apartment to find a nice outfit to wear.  She spent an hour looking, and couldn’t find one.

            Alex was about to give up when her phone rang.

            “Hello?” she asked after she answered.

            “Hey,” Dani said.  “Are you ready?”

            “No!” Alex panicked.  “I can’t find my first date outfit.  Nothing looks great, and I really want to impress this guy… whoever he is.”

            Danielle laughed, “Okay, Kevin and I will be over.  Joe and Nick are staying home with Frankie today.  Kevin and I were going to go shopping and I thought that maybe you’d like to go with us.”

            “That would be great and then I have opinions on the right outfit,” Alex said excited.

            Dani laughs, “Okay, I’ll tell her.”

            “Tell me what?” Alex asked.

            “Kevin said that he is buying your outfit.”

            “Oh no he is not,” she shook her head and realized that they couldn’t see it.

            Dani laughs more, “Well, um you are out voted.  Joe, Nick, Frankie, and mom agreed with Kevin.”

            “No, I’m going to pay for my own, or I won’t go.”

            Dani’s laugh goes away and she heard the phone be taken from Dani.

            “Alex, just let me do this.  We didn’t get you anything for Christmas, and I want to make it up to you,” Kevin said.

            “Kevin, the bedroom is enough.  I don’t need anymore.”

            “Please Alexis?” he asked begging with a little whine.

            Alex sighed, “Fine.  When are you going to be here?”

            “We’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

            “Okay, see you soon.”

            She hung up, got dressed in normal clothes, and then she smiled hearing her favorite Jonas song play that she went to her stereo and turned up the song, ‘Live to Party’.

~*~*~*~

            After Kevin hung up, Nick, Joe, and Frankie begged if they could tag along.  Kevin talked to Denise and she told Frankie to stay home, but she’ll have Alex come spend the day with him on one of her days off.

            “I can’t believe you two,” Danielle laughed.  “It’s sad to see you two begging to come along.  You’re not going the ones going out on the date.”

            “Well, Alexis needs a few more opinions,” Joe told him.

            Kevin rolled his eyes and smiled, “She doesn’t need anymore.”

            “We’re her family, she needs our opinions,” Nick smiled.

            “Well, Alex and I are going to get dresses, you boys can help Kevin find a suit,” Danielle smiled at Kevin.