Ch. 5: 1 Pic = 1,000 Words

Chapter 5

            Alex got back to her office, still carrying her notebook, and saw Annie typing away from the computer.

            “Ms. Wilson, how was your lunch meeting?” she asked.  “Mr. Parker said that it was a very important meeting.”

            Alex was trying to figure out what to say, “Yes.  It was.  I had an old friend come into town that I hadn’t seen in years and want to go have lunch, and how could I say no with Mike right there.” Alex smiled, and then remembered, “Annie, I got invited to go to a show tomorrow night with my friend, and wants the whole day open.  Is there any way to redo my appointments, or anyone can do them for me?”

            “Sure,” she smiled and went to look on her planner.  “Oh, it looks like Mr. Parker has already done that for you.”

            “Oh, really?” she asked going around the desk to see. “That’s strange.  I wonder why he would do that.”  Then she thought, “Is there any way that Mr. Parker can have the evening off too.  My friend got two extra tickets to the show, and said that Mr. Parker is welcome to tag along.”

            “Sure, I’ll get it put in. What time?” Annie asked typing in the appointment.

            Alex opened the envelope to look inside and saw the time on the tickets said eight.  “Make it six.  Gives him a few hours before the show to get cleaned up and to get over there.”

            “Okay, it’s done.”

            Alex loved Annie when she knew that anything that the staff needed done, it would be worked out.  Very few of the clients understood about family time, or another client got tickets to a game or a show as a payment, or a meeting.

            “What show are you going to?” Annie asked.

            “Oh,” Alex smiled, “some concert of a boy-band is going to be here tomorrow night.”

            “Oh, I sure hope that you’ll have fun.  Do you know which one?”

            Alex didn’t want to go too far, even though they both love the Jonas Brothers.  “He told me, and I can’t remember.  I’ll have to get back with you on it.”  Alex went to her office.  “I’m going to be in my office, and then go home. Would you please tell Mr. Parker that I’m back, and headed home?”

            “Sure will.”

            Alex went into her office, cleaned up, grabbed her briefcase, and put the notebook inside it along with the tickets.  She shut her computer down, closed the blinds, and then left her office locking it.

            “Mr. Parker is in his office with your father talking about something.  He said that he’d be over when he’s done.”

            “Okay, thank you.  Good night.”

            “Good night.”

            Alex then went back to the elevator, and went home.

~*~*~*~

            Alex got a cab to drop her off at the Trump World Tower, and went inside.

“Evening Ms. Wilson,” the guards said smiling at her.

“Good evening,” she smiled, “Mr. Parker will be coming in an hour or two, so he can come up.”