ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 22

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"If you want privacy, talk fast. We open in 20, and no one gets between Leroy and his bacon," Granny said as Emma and I walked into Granny's diner. I had gone with Emma to check the farmhouse for any signs of Gold and we found nothing. "Is there any sign of our quarry?" Hook asked. "We went all over that farmhouse and the land around it... Nothing," I said, plopping down on a stool. "Well, now that the sun's up, we should hit every place Gold might go... His house, shop, his cabin.," David suggested. "'Cause dead men love vacation homes. Can someone explain to me how this is even possible?" Emma said, "We all saw Gold. He..." "Disappeared into nothingness. I know," Mary Margaret said. "But so did Peter and whoop de fucking do, look who's still alive and kicking?! Peter and Gold!" I said, throwing my arms in the air dramatically. "I might have an inkling," Hook said and I chuckled at the word 'inkling', "When we went back to the Enchanted Forest, Neal was talking about the possibility of getting his father back." "What? How?" David asked. "He didn't know how. He just... He missed his family. And he was desperate to find a way to return to this world. He believed that bringing his father back was the key," Hook said. "Then why is Pan back?" Regina asked. "Well, if that was his plan, then obviously something went wrong, because while Gold might be alive and kicking, Neal is... He's... We don't know what he is. We don't even know if he made it back to Storybrooke. No one's seen him since this new curse and Pan is back which might have been because Gold and Peter came as a package deal when and if Neal brought him back," Emma said. "He's out there somewhere," David reassured about Neal.

"With all due respect, we have bigger issues right now than who brought Gold and Pan back. The fact that he was in the Wicked Witch's basement, for one. I want to know what the hell she was cooking up with him," Regina said. "Maybe she was planning the same fate for Peter, but he escaped somehow," I said, realizing it was probably the Wicked Witch who brought them back and planned to use them for something... well... wicked. "Well, the best way to find that out would be to ask Gold or Pan, right? And Pan lost his memories so it'd have to be Gold," Mary Margaret said. "He could tell us who the witch is... Maybe how to track her down," David said. "I'm gonna head back to that farmhouse. It's possible this witch left behind some trace of potion or a special ingredient," Regina said. "Have at it. Just be careful," Emma warned. "Well, she's the one who needs to be careful. She invaded my space. When I return the favor, I'm not pulling any punches," Regina said and left. Here we go...

➳~➳~➳

The rest of us went to Gold's shop to talk to Belle and break to her the somewhat happy news. "So... So Rumple's alive? I mean, how is that even possible?" Belle asked. "I told you, Belle," I smiled, "and it might have something to do with Peter being back-" "But we were hoping you might be able to tell us that. You know him and this shop better than anyone. If he's in Storybrooke, there has to be a clue in here about how he got back or how we can find him now that he is," Emma continued. "Yeah, I'll, uh... I'll start looking right away," Belle said. "I can get Peter to help you. Like I said, whatever brought him back tustve brought Gold back as well, yeah?" I said. Belle nodded. "Keep your eyes out for him, too," David said, "If he comes into town, he'll..." "He'll come to me. Yeah. I know," Belle nodded. "I will stay here with you. I'm surprisingly good at research," Hook said. "You will stay with me?" Belle asked incredulously. "He'll protect you if the witch comes," Emma said. "You do know he tried to kill me," Belle said. I glared at Hook. "Well, there were extenuating circumstances," Hook said, nervously. "Twice," Belle deadpanned. "Sorry?" Hook tried. "You really know how to charm a girl, don't you?" Emma asked, rhetorically. "This will be my way of making it up to you. Hmm?" Hook said. "Fine," Belle gave up. "You kinda have a bad track record with men, Belle... Hook tried to kill you... twice apparently... Peter tried to kill you... and Gold just... Gold is Gold..." I trailed. "Tell me about it," Belle murmured. "All right, we should really get out into the woods," Emma said. "Hey, maybe you should stay home," David said to Mary Margaret "Me? I'm the best tracker here," She defended, not wanting to be left out. "I know, but we'll manage. Remember what Zelena said... You need your rest. "Belle, thank you for your help. Don't worry. We're gonna find him," Emma said. "Okay. Thank you," Belle said and we left.