Chapter Six: Toxic

A/N: hi guys I am so sorry for the delay of things and not updating in forever but it's not easy being a writer when you have anxiety and depression which causes writer's block and lack of motivation. I apologize deeply like I am so so so sorry I will try to make it up to you all. Thank you for being so patient and kind you guys are the best.

Love, Jamie.

Patrick's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks since Jamie spoke to me, besides telling me what to do in warmups, in the workout room and during practice, she's been completely silent. Her black eye healed up pretty quickly though, she was smiling bright and being friendly with the guys, just last week Sharpy was showing her videos of his little girls. I just couldn't understand why she still hated me.

It was a cold, boring, game free night in Chicago, I pulled into Patrick Sharp's driveway for a dinner he and Abby were having just for the team. I walked up to the door and rang the door bell waiting for someone to answer, I slipped my hands into the pockets of my coat as the wind began to pick up.

It was really cold.

After a minute or two, Madelyn opened the door.

"Uncle Patrick! She exclaimed as she jumped into my arms.

"Hey Maddie." I smiled at her while carrying her into the house.

I walked into the kitchen to find Patrick and Abby along with Tazer and Lindsey, Nik and Elina, Seabs and Dana, Shawzy and Chaunette and Hossa and Jana laughing and helping the Sharp's help set up for dinner.

"Hey, sorry if I'm late." I announced myself with a smile as I set Madelyn down.

"You're right on time, Patrick," Abby smiled followed by a small chuckle. "Here, why don't you help my Patrick finish setting the table?" She gave me a stack of plates with napkins and silver wear.

That's the thing with the team and the wags, we're so close it's like we're practically family and it made us all happy.

I followed Sharp into the dining room and started to set the table with small talk here and there until I heard a voice that immediately made me want to leave.

"You have an awesome collection of My Little Ponies, Sadie." Jamie's soft voice rang in my ears.

I turned around and saw her walk down the stairs with Sadie by her side, she caught my gaze and glared slightly but she looked away before Patrick could notice.

"Who invited her?" I asked Sharp with my jaw clenched tightly.

"Abby did, she felt bad for her." Patrick shrugged.

"Jesus Christ, Sharp. Why is everyone so fucking obsessed with her?" I snapped at my teammate and best friend.

"Why are you?" Patrick retorted with a a glare.

Sharp had a point, as much as I hated to admit it he was right. This was a lot more than just getting Jamie in bed with me, I was beginning to develop feelings for her and it was scaring me.

"What's going on here?" Jonathan asked as he entered the dining room.

"Kaner's bitching about Jamie." Sharpy replied, anger dripping in his voice.