Chapter 1

~OK, this is my first book, so please give me a chance, and leave a suggestion for the story in the comments or on my profile!  The first chapter is nothing to amazing, but it is vital for the story.~

I felt my face, it was red.  He had slapped me, again.

 "What was that for?!"  I screamed

"Nicki. Don't talk back to me!"  

I wondered why his fist were clenched, I soon found out.  He's never punched me before.  I felt tears come to my eyes,  I ran out the door and down the street.

'Why does this have to happen to me?' I thought to my self.  

"OUCH!"  I yelped.  I relized in my rush out the door,  I forgot to grab shoes and a jacket.  I looked at my bear foot, glass.  

"God damnit" I muttered under my breath.  I shivered, it was getting cold.  

'Too bad'  I told my self, 'No way I'm walking back in there, not with him there'

I reached the beach, this beach is my go to place.  The seaguls have probably witnessed me cry more times than anyone else.  I started to bawl, all my emotions just came out at that second.

For a second I stopped crying and noticed footprints in the sand.  My curiosity got the best of me,  as tears rolled down my cheeks I followed the prints in the moist sand.

Suddenly, I felt hands, comforting hands on my shoulders.  I looked up to see about a six foot tall man.  His hair short and black, with electric blue bangs and splotches around his head.  

"Are you OK?" he asked me. his voice sounded oddly familier, but I brushed it off.

I nodded my head.  I saw him look at the bruises on my arm, and then look at me with pity.  Just as I tried to ran away, he pulled me back into hug.  I hugged back, crying harder into his shirt.

"Who did this?"  He asked me

(There is a picture of Nicki on the side)