Chapter Eight: College Mess

 My hands wove their way around the soft fabric lying beneath me as I searched for the colder part of the sheets. I slowly opened my eyes to the rustling noise coming from the bathroom just a couple feet away.

            Without another thought, I tiptoed my way to the bathroom. After all, I'm already awake. Once I'm up, I'm up for the day as long as I have the help of some sort of caffeine drink of course. (One of the many down sides of being me.)

            I watched, my mouth dropped, when I saw Liam's muscular back. I watched stupidly as his muscles flexed and moved with his arms that were dressing his half naked self. God, he was sexy. I didn't want the strip show to end so I stood there and admired what was given to me. I know, I know. I should just jump him at this point but I'm figuring the lady like way is the best kind of way to seduce your boyfriend that you met only a couple days ago.

            Sadly, only the shirt was missing from Liam's body and the show was short. If only I woke up a minute earlier . . .

            "Hey, you're up." Liam smiled, his Wolverhampton accent heightening his words. He turned around to face me. My eyes widened because he didn't say anything about me watching him dress, instead he pulled me in for a hug. I awkwardly pat his back and sighed. I'm not usually someone who promotes hugging; it's such an awkward thing so I rarely do it. But why do his arms have to be so comfortable?

            "Yeah, I overheard you and couldn't fall back asleep."

            Liam's face changed from cheerful to worried in an instant. His hands went down his, not yet shaved, face as he groaned.

            "I forgot that you were a light sleeper,"

            I shook my head and smiled that Liam was actually beating himself over this. I was just sleeping, it's not like he forgot my birthday. It's really not that big of a deal.

            “No, you're fine. It was already getting late," 

            Liam looked at his watch, "Five o'clock is late to you?"

            Laughing, I replied, "I'm trying to make you feel better. And besides, I need to speak with the college about what I'm supposed to do with my courses, so this is a great time to be up."

            "You sure you don't want to come with me to the studio?"

            I almost laughed in his face but realizing he was serious, I coughed and matched his tone.

            "As much as I loved hanging out with Sally and eating cheap food from the vending machines . . .Oh, that's right, I actually hated it. Sorry, Li but you won't see me there any time soon."

            Liam ducked his head and chuckled. "I probably shouldn't have asked." 

            Before he left, Liam gave me a wad of paperwork I had long ago stuffed into a plastic pink folder. Thankfully, he said I'd already stored all the paperwork for the college I was attending, in the folder. 

            From what I read in the billions of papers I kept, the 'college' I was attending wasn't just your typical community gathering, no, it was The University of London. I didn't even know my dad's GI Bill(*) covered foreign schools, let alone a foreign university!

            Well, it worked didn't it? And I'm here, so it must be legal.

            I was trifling through the papers that had just a bunch of maps and directions carefully drawn on them, when finally, I came across the actual important documents, like phone numbers, people to contact, and lists of addresses, in other words, useful stuff.