Chapter Five: Digging up Dirt

My body shakes with laughter as I imagined Liam wearing a real custom made batman suit. I would do anything if it meant I would see him try and squeeze into such a tight outfit. I get a cramp on my side and curl into the door. I wipe a tear that's managed to escape down my cheek and say, "Why would you do that if--"

            Liam's phone blasts music and he instantly searches for it. We were on our way to the studio and I was excited, I couldn't wait to see all of Liam's band mates again, or mainly Zayn. But they were all so funny and nice from the first time I met them.

            "Babe, can you answer that?" Liam hands me a darker colored phone while his eyes never leave the road. Why couldn't he answer the phone? It's not like it requires a special talent or anything.

            I push my curiosity aside and obediently answer the phone. "Hello?" I say into the phone.

            "Liam?"

            I tilt my head to the side not recognizing the voice. "No, this is Riya."

            He sighed but continued, "Can I speak to Liam, please."

            I look to Liam, who was trying listen in on the conversation. "He's kind of busy right now." I say.

            "Tell him that his ass should’ve been here half an hour ago! He's extremely late and Randy isn't happy right now."

            Before I could reply, he hung up. Fine. Fuck you too bitch.

            I placed the phone back on the dashboard. "Who's Randy?" I ask in a disgusted manner.

            "He's part of management and apparently doesn't like it when we're late." Liam concluded.

            “Well I don’t like him.” I stated which made Liam smile.

            We drove in silence until we arrived at the so-called ‘studio’. The building was huge! It was painted a slick shiny black with red zig-zag shapes on the side. Liam grabbed my hand and led me inside before I had time to admire the building longer. Holding Liam’s hand was becoming more usual which I was glad for since we did it all the time.

            I regretted wanting to come with Liam to the studio as soon as I stepped into his workplace. All the eyes turned to us as we walked through the door. I squeezed his hand and hoped that somebody caught on fire so everyone would focus on him or her and not me.

            I was following Liam when a woman at the front desk talked to me.

            "Hey, Riya! How are you feeling?" She asked. How does she know my name? Oh, that's right. I dated two fifths of one direction. At least she cares about my well-being. I smiled warmly at her.

            "Good, thanks."

            "Ri! What's up? Glad to see you're still okay!" Some guy carrying a box filled with papers came up to me and gave me a high-five. How does he know about my accident?

            "It's so good to see you, Ri. We all thought the worst. But I'm so happy you're here!" Another woman said to me.

            The once quiet building filled with happiness and chatter. All these people were hugging me and asking about my personal business. Did I even know these people? My heart pounded as I searched the crowd for a familiar face. I didn't know anybody except for Liam and that scared me.