Chapter 11

© Sandra Corton 2013

Chapter 11

It was in the car, a very sophisticated polished looking car that Aiden insisted on driving, that she first noticed the triangle of freckles on her left cheek. She had simply never noticed them before, which was strange but they were definitely there. She frowned into the tiny mirror and tried to peer closer.

"Honey what are you doing?" Aiden's deep voice washed over her. It took her a moment to focus beyond that intense need gripping at her again.

"You have got to stop smelling so good." She muttered making that special smile appear on his face.

She had found that as long as he didn't touch her then she was able to focus beyond the need to attack him lustily. It didn't stop her wanting to lean across and run her fingers over that chest of his that she had seen naked this morning.

"The need will ease as will the arousal that grips you even now. Please tell me what you are looking at." He gestured to the mirror while she felt mortified.

How did he know that she could hardly think straight with all the naughty thoughts running through her head? Since leaving the house she had thought of at least a hundred things she wanted to do to him. What she wouldn't do to have her dreams realised.

"Uh I was looking at the 'innocent' triangle." She pointed to her face.

"I guess that you never noticed that before?" He asked as he stopped at a set of lights and turned to her.

"No and that makes no sense to me. I'm pretty sure I know my face quite well, after all I've seen it every day for the last twenty four years." She joked and he sent her that small smile again.

"It is only visible because I made it that way. A vampire can see it even when it's cloaked."

"Oh great so I'm visible to supernatural beings but not myself." She rolled her eyes and he let out a laugh as he went to caress her cheek. "Don't touch me." She flinched away dispelling the happier moment.

"I meant no offence." He said as he turned his attention back to the road.

"I didn't mean....it's just when you touch me it makes me feel a little crazy inside." She admitted shyly.

"In that case I will save touching you until we are back at home." He sent her a quick, heated look and she sucked in a breath.

She was thankful when they pulled into the shopping centre as she felt a bit embarrassed by her outburst. She grabbed a basket and headed straight to the junk food section to Aiden's surprised amusement. She piled it high with soft drinks, popcorn, chips and chocolate of all varieties. She saw his curious look and shrugged.

"If we're having a movie marathon then we are going all out." She answered him as she headed for the register.

She threw everything on the conveyor belt and even the clerk serving her seemed to look questioningly at her purchases. She frowned at the woman who then stared blatantly at Aiden. As Honey went to pay for the goods, Aiden threw his credit card down instead and she turned the frown to him instead.

"You did give me my own remember." She stated with her hands on her hips.

"Yes but that was not the one you were going to use." He chided.

"Honey! Hey girl." She heard a familiar voice call from behind her and she turned to see Polly standing down one of the aisles.

"Hey Polly, isn't it a bit early in the day for you?" Honey rushed over to give her friend a hug, leaving Aiden to watch her with a soft smile.

"What the hell have you been doing woman?" Polly teased with an amused but also envious look.

"What do you mean?" Honey replied curiously.

"That is the biggest damn hickey I've ever seen girl so spill. Is the mystery man a mystery no longer?" Polly sent her a smirk and Honey couldn't help the blush that crawled onto her face as she slapped a hand to her throat. How could she have forgotten about that?

She quickly glanced at Aiden to see him send her a cheeky look that almost floored her. He looked so carefree and happy, nothing like the dangerous vampire he really was. It was obvious that he had heard her and now knew that she and Polly had talked about him. What could she tell her friend now?

"Ah no definitely still a bit of a mystery." Honey whispered praying that he couldn't hear her.

"If you can hear my words Honey then know that I can hear you just as well." Aiden's amused words came to her as though he was standing next to her which he certainly wasn't.

"Damn!" Honey muttered as Polly sent her a strange look while Aiden's chuckle drifted to her ears.

"So what's with the whispering?" Polly asked with a grin.

"I just didn't want him to hear me." Honey confessed making her friend chortle.

"I'm pretty sure that we are far enough away that he can't." Both women looked to where Aiden had hold of the bags out in the foyer area as he waited for her.

"You never know." Honey said with a small frown.

"Anyway beside the largest darn hickey in the world, what is going on with you? I almost didn't recognise you because of this glow you've got. So have you done the nasty with him yet?" Polly excitedly asked making Honey groan.

"No he's my boss remember." Honey told her which only made her friend look smug.

"Then why did you have the makings of a classic movie marathon in that basket?" Polly asked slyly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Because that's what I felt like doing today." Honey said casually.

"Then why is he joining you? I thought he was always off doing his own thing?" Polly waved a hand in the air and sent her friend a huge smirk.

"Hey Polly you hottie I finally found it!" A male’s voice said from behind them and Honey breathed a sigh of relief.

It must have been Polly's latest boyfriend. They both turned then to see man with a tin of whipped cream and a rather naughty look on his face. He was tall but thin and Honey got a strange feeling from the man. From his brown hair to his green eyes, he just seemed odd to her.

"Well on that note I guess I'll talk to you later." Honey said as she tried to creep away.

"Wait, you have to meet Len. Honey this is my boyfriend Len and Len this is my friend Honey that I told you about." Polly introduced them.

Honey was forced to face the man even more and was startled to realise that she had seen him before. She was sure he was one of the workers that was part of the team rebuilding the gatehouse. When the man’s face went rather stiff after looking at her, she puzzled at it as much as his earlier oddness.

"Hello Len. Are you working on fixing up the gatehouse at Aiden Jackson's property?" She asked him which only seemed to make the man fidget more.

"Um yeah I am why do you ask?" Len answered as he cradled the whipped cream closer to him as though to use it as a weapon.

"No reason, I just remembered you from the day I visited." Honey answered with a shrug making the man look even more uncomfortable.

"Well as glad as I am to see that you two know each other, I have some rather important things to do today." Polly said as she gestured with a grin to the whipped cream.

Honey just rolled her eyes and waved her friend on her way with a promise to call soon. With a grin she made her way back over to where Aiden stood with the armload of snacks. She couldn't quite understand why such a dark look smothered his features.

"How did you know him?" Aiden snarled in a low tone and she looked at him in shock.

"He's one of the men you hired to fix the gatehouse." She replied smoothly and he calmed right down.

"I did not appreciate the way he looked at you." His silvery eyes flashed angrily and she realised something quite important.

"You're jealous." She told him as they walked out of the shops towards the car.

"I am no such thing." He huffed as he piled the groceries into the car.

"Yes you are." She insisted with a laugh and for a second he stopped moving.

"I feared last night that I had drained you....killed you. It is nice to hear you laugh and reassure myself that I did no such thing." He changed the topic and completely shocked her.

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" She asked with a frown.