Chapter 1

Copyright © 2013 by Sandra Corton

ISBN: 978-0-9943930-4-3

All rights reserved.

Published by Sandra Corton

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Cover Design by Marianne Nowicki

*please note all my stories are only edited by me so yes I know there are mistakes and I apologise in advance*

Chapter 1

Honey Combes turned up on the first day she was officially employed by one Rosie Jackson, with a smile on her face and her usual can do attitude. She had never ever expected him. She only saw him once that day as she cleaned the formal dining room. It was a memory she would never forget.

He was hidden in a room at the darkened end of the dining table. She would have overlooked the door except for the light on that highlighted his chiselled jaw as he tilted his head to the side. Even in profile he seemed powerful, dangerous, like some exotic creature she had never seen before. He was exquisite.

His straight dark hair swung smoothly around his face as he felt her presence and glanced towards her. She forced herself to smile and wave as their eyes met. She could not tell the colour but a shiver went through her at the intensity of those eyes. He was quite simply mesmerising.

She kept herself moving for the rest of the day. She made sure that the feisty lady named Rosie was well looked after and content. She cleaned the rather dusty house as quickly and efficiently as she could. She told herself not to look at that hidden little room that he never came out of, but her eyes were drawn there regardless.

"So Miss Rosie, what can I tempt you with for lunch?" Honey asked as she walked into the lounge room where Rosie sat comfortably working on a crossword and watching television.

"Hello Honey dear." Rosie smiled at her making her wrinkled face follow the movements. Her watery blue eyes looked out from behind thick, rimmed glasses as her frail old hands trembled slightly.

"Anything for lunch Rosie?" Honey prompted the older woman again.

"Ah yes that would be lovely my dear. Perhaps some soup?" Rosie patted her hand and Honey wondered whether to ask about the strange man in the hidden room.

"Um does that man....need any lunch too?" Honey asked awkwardly and was surprised at Rosie's laugh.

"I am surprised you saw my nephew." Rosie sent her a wink and Honey wasn't sure what to say. Be professional idiot, do your job; she thought quickly as she tried to unblock her stubbornly closed mouth.

"Well if he doesn't need any lunch than I will just get you that soup." Honey exclaimed while letting out a sigh that she said something coherent.

"Thank you dear." Rosie said softly as she went back to her crossword.

The older woman's eyes drifted out of the room momentarily. She saw him flit from his room down to where she sat in under a heartbeat. She folded her hands in her lap, quite prepared for his anger. She had known this was coming. He needed to get out of that room and have a life.