Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 13)

THREE MONTHS LATER:

"Yeah, get in there boy!" I yelled as I watched Jerome muscle his way through two Miami Heat players. "That's that grown man strength right there!" He threw up the ball and it went in just as he was fouled. "Yeaaaah! And one!" I yelled, clapping my hands.

I sat back down as Jerome went to the free throw line, knowing he would make it. We were in the fourth quarter of the game with only two minutes left to play. The Lakers were up by six.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled, standing up from my seat and throwing my hands in the air. "Nigga, how you miss a free throw?" I scoffed as I shook my head. "It's too close of a game to be missing shots! Stay focused!" I yelled to Jerome loudly. He glanced my way and slightly nodded his head, indicating that he heard me.

"Ma, you're embarrassing us." Aaliyah groaned as she put her head down. People around us were looking at me but I didn't care. I mugged them and went on about my business.

"And? Y'all coulda stayed ya ass at home." I scoffed. Austin and Aaliyah accompanied me out to the game while Jaylon, Jr and Jaydon stayed at home with Justycee. Tonight's game was a late game and my babies needed to be in bed. However; Li and Austin could hang with the big dogs tonight because they were out of school tomorrow since they were having parent teacher conferences and getting their report cards.

I turned my attention back to the court just as the ball was inbounded. Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat had the ball and was running up the court. I could tell he was preparing for a layup but Jerome came up from behind him and blocked his shot. "That's it baby! I see ya! Way to hustle!" I yelled.

It was now Laker ball and after a few passes, the shot clock was running out. Lamar Odom attempted a three point shot and missed. Chris Bosh got the rebound for Miami and headed to the opposite end of the court. The basketball was quickly passed to Udonis Haslem and he made a three point shot, causing me to sigh.

"Slow it down and play smart!" I called as I rocked back and forth in my seat. The last few moments of this game had my nerves bad. The game could go either way. We couldn't afford to foul because that could either send the other team to the free throw line or cause us to lose possession and potentially tie up the game, sending us into over time.

The ball was now in Jerome's hands and we were in the last few seconds of the game. He was slowly walking up the court, dribbling the ball in between his legs allowing the clock to run out. A few seconds before the shot clock buzzer sounded, Jerome shot a three from the logo and made it.

Jerome flexed his muscle and patted his bicep before pointing at me with a smirk on his face.

"Yeaaaaaah! That's it! I see you boy!" I yelled loudly, clapping my hands as I looked up at the scoreboard to see the score and time clock. That was the game. With this win, the Lakers just secured their spot in the playoffs.

The arena began to slowly clear out but the kids and I remained in our seats. We watched from our front row floor seats as Jerome did his post game interview. "Good game Daddy!" Aaliyah grinned as she hugged him.

"Wassup Mr. Clutch, I see you tried to show out tonight!" Austin laughed as he slapped his hands with Jerome's before they hugged.

"He always goes a little harder when Mama is at his games." Aaliyah joked, making me smirk as Jerome rolled his eyes.

"Of course imma show out if my girl is here." He smirked as he made his way over to me. "Hi baby." Jerome smiled, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him. I didn't mind his sweaty body as I wrapped my arms around him as well. "You look beautiful." He mumbled in my ear as he slightly lifted me off the ground.