Trust Isn't The Only Issue (Chapter 10)

JEROME POV:

"Daddy can we please get icecream?" Jaydon asked from the backseat. I was already tired and ready to go home. These damn kids have worn me out. I really don't see how Armoni and Andrea do it all day, everyday.

I wanted to give Mookie a break to relax and have a little time to herself and to hang out with her girls so I could bond with my kids. I've never yelled so much in my damn life. I try not to beat their ass for everything they do but it seems like the only time they listen is when I'm whooping their ass. These kids don't take me serious and I'm sick of it.

Parenting is hard and I definitely have a much greater appreciation for my wife after spending the day alone with these kids. I loved my kids and I was grateful for them but they were most definitely a handful.

"Nah man, you're going over Aunt Drea's and Uncle Mike's tonight. Maybe we'll go get some tomorrow or something." I suggested.

Armoni text me about three hours ago telling me to drop off the kids with Mike and Andrea  because she had something special planned for me. I was definitely getting me some pussy tonight and I couldn't wait to drop these little bad ass kids off to their aunt and uncle.

Lately I've been walking on eggshells because I've been so damn nervous about potentially being the father of Keiona's daughter. I was so damn nervous that I kept putting off taking the test. It wasn't until Keiona threatened me, that I finally cooperated and took the DNA test.

Since Keiona called and let me know that the test results came back negative, I was able to breathe and relax a little. That's one less thing I don't have to worry about. Now things can go back to normal and I can finally get Mookie off my back. The best thing about it was; I didn't have to tell Mookie about the incident since it wasn't my baby. I didn't have to cause us any unnecessary friction for nothing.

"Humph! I want ice cream." Jaydon pouted as he crossed his arms over his chest and stuck his bottom lip out. I wanted to laugh at him so bad because I couldn't even take him serious.

"Boy you so damn ugly!" I chuckled, looking at him through my rear view mirror. "Tuck ya lip in, I don't care about you pouting."

"You said a bad word! I'm telling my Mommy!" Jaylon interjected.

"We all look like you though so you ugly too." Jr responded nonchalantly. I wasn't expecting that so I was stuck, not knowing how to reply.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Aaliyah screamed loudly before her and Austin busted out laughing loudly. At times these two big goofy ass kids act worse than the smaller ones. They're loud as hell and think everything is funny and is a damn joke.

"All y'all can get out and walk home if that's really how you feel." I shrugged. If I wasn't on this highway, I would've definitely pulled over and put these disrespectful and rude ass kids out of my ride and made them walk.

"That's fine, my Mama would come to pick us up." Aaliyah stated, shrugging her shoulders. "Then she'd beat you up and let us watch."

"Facts." Austin laughed.

"If you don't take us to get ice cream I'm telling Mama you cussed at us and called us ugly." Jr spoke up staring at me through the mirror. I cut my eyes at him and he smirked at me.

"Good thinking Jr." Aaliyah nodded her head in approval before turning in her seat and giving him a high five. "So, do you want me to google the closest ice cream spot, Daddy?" Aaliyah asked me with a sly smirk on her face.

"Y'all make me so sick." I huffed dramatically, rolling my eyes and scrunching my face up as I shook my head.

"Maybe the ice cream will help you feel better." Austin spoke up.